Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Works for Me Wednesday!!!


So here we are, another wednesday and another tip for everyone out there. I was racking my brains out trying to think of things that I do to make my life easier, it's funny because when I'm not thinking about having to jot them down here, I can name a bunch, but then I sit at the computer and I draw a complete blank.

Anyway, this one has helped me a lot with something that I ALWAYS seemed to forget. Family Birthdays!!!!

If you're like me and have a huge family, it's hard to keep track of all the birthdays. So here is my tip for today.

I went out and bought a Greeting Card Organizer. They are very inexpensive and have cute designs on them.

I labeled them all from January to December and then added an index card to each section with all the birthday dates and names for that month. Every month on the first, when I got get groceries and run my errands, I buy all the birthday cards for that month and a book of stamps, bring them home, sit down and write them out, place them in the envelopes and add the stamps. Place them back in the organizer and then when it's time to mail them out, I just remove them and send them off.

I do however have a birthday calendar too to keep track of when the cards need to be mailed.

I've noticed though that ever since I've started doing it this way, I never forget to mail off cards. My biggest issue at times was that by the time I realized it was someone's birthday, I STILL had to go buy a card and stamps etc. It wasn't always possible for different reasons and I would end up not sending anything, which is WRONG, soooo wrong LOL

Hope this helps someone else. As always don't forget to check out Shannon's blog for a list of participants and if you play along, go and add in your name to the list. :)

8 comments:

Nettie said...

I so should do this! I am the worst at getting cards out on time!

Susie said...

I love Current products! This is a wonderful tip. Thanks for sharing..
Mine's up, too :-)

Unknown said...

I always have tons of cards on hand, but my problem is remembering to get them out and remembering to check and see who has a birthday, etc. Just stumbled onto your blog through another blog. Nice to "meet" you!

Amy said...

I love the index card because I am sure that helps you a lot when picking your cards. Great idea!

Diane Viere said...

What a great idea!

Diane

Sandra said...

I'm so glad my idea will help others. Like I said in the post, it was through my own trial and error AND getting in trouble loads of times for not sending off birthday cards LOL

Hope it helps all you ladies out there :)

Katherine@Raising Five said...

I am so bad about getting cards and gifts off on time. Thanks for sharing.

I enjoyed reading your posts, especially the one about your daughter thinking you blogged all day. Too funny!

Thanks also for coming by today!

Theresa said...

Super idea! Since we moved I have not been with it - i.e birthdays, anniversaries, etc. I do have one of the premade box cards to send out but that doesn't help if you forget the day! Thanks for the tip!