Saturday, May 27, 2006

Uncluttered Faith!!!


Play Hard, Laugh Hard, and leave the worries to your father.

You all know that I'm trying really hard to build a stronger relationship with God. He has been so patient with me even during those times of utter annoyance on my part. I find myself whining about something that doesn't go my way, and yet he's still there.
He's always doing something for me, but I'm so caught up in daily life that I don't see it.

Me: Oh God, are you still there?
God: Yes, where else do you want me to be?
Me: But I can't feel you, I can't see you and I'm so frustrated right now, why can't I see what you're doing?
God: That's easy, you aren't paying attention!!!
Me: yes I am, at least I think I am.....
God: Sandra, take your hands off your face, how can you see what I'm doing for you when you deliberately shield yourself from it?
Me: Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that is what I was doing.

It's a hard thing to accept. To admit that the reason you don't feel him is because YOU are not letting it happen. You're too busy, or too scared or too worried about something. Why do we fight it? Momrn2 had a brilliant post the other day, she talked about surrendering to Him during our worst times and trusting in the outcome, no matter how difficult it may be, and of course as parents it's one of the HARDEST things to go through. We have the urge to control and the urge to be a part of whatever happens, and no matter how much we love Him, it's a hard thing to go through.

I guess that is what Faith is. Trusting and being certain of what we can not see. Believing when it doesn’t make sense. Being confident when it seems utter chaos. (Hebrews 11:1)
I have so many examples of God working in our lives, and not just after being married, but long before then. I think one day I may just start sharing our family's journey and our encounters with God, with Satan and our struggles to remain Christians. You would be surprised at just what we've seen and endured.

I want so bad to have Uncluttered Faith. You know the kind of passion for living that can't wait for tomorrow? I think the best example of that are our kids. They live for the moment and it's no wonder that Jesus said we must have the heart of a child before we enter the kingdom of heaven.

Quit looking at life like an adult and see it through the eyes of a child.
Essential counsel for us sober-minded, serious-faced, sour-pussed adults. Necessary advice for us Charles Atlas wannabes who shoulder the world. Good words for those of use who seldom say "I can't wait until I wake up," and more often state, "I can't wait to go to bed."


Just recently I read "And the Angels Were Silent" by Max Lucado. Wow is all I can say. Max Lucado takes us through the last week of Jesus' life. What it must have felt like for him, what did he feel, what was in his heart and what mattered to God at that moment.

I think the reason I'm bringing all this up today is because this past week I've been feeling sad, upset and depressed in a way. I can't quite grasp exactly why I'm feeling this way, but all I know is that it has to do with school being over. It's a bitter sweet feeling I think, the thought that my daughter is now done with first grade and starting second grade in just a few months. All these doubts and worries come into my mind, will she do fine? will her new teacher be nice? will she get along with the kids in her class?

I can hear God saying "Let it go, don't worry about it, let me deal with this and you will see that everything will be fine." and I weakly smile an "ok". BUT, I haven't put it in his hands because I still cringe when I think about it, I still feel my heart twisting in antecipation of what's to come. It's hard, and I am slowly letting go, not easy but doable.
I will let you know when I finally release it unto his hands.

Well it's time for me to close, but before I do I ask that you all say a prayer for the troops and even if you just stop for a minute this weekend to remember them all, remember their sacrifices and remember their families.

Have a beautiful Memorial Day Weekend!!!
Almighty God,
we commend to your gracious care and keeping all the men and women of our armed forces
at home and abroad.
Defend them day by day with your heavenly grace;
strengthen them in their trials and temptations;
give them courage to face the perils which beset them;
and grant them a sense of your abiding presence wherever they may be;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Amen

4 comments:

someone else said...

Letting go is such an on-going lesson for us all. You sound like you're on the right track. Through the eyes of a child .... I love that point of view.

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Oh, Sandra. Bless you for being so transparent and so open! And bless you for following after God and counting Him in during this time of feeling down. Remember, friend, that you've been sick. That always makes the little things seem so much bigger, especially when your strength has been sapped.

You are doing what you need to be doing--looking to Christ, praying for faith and growth.

I'll pray, even now, for you to find rest in Him who is our Great Burden Bearer and Redeemer.

Courtney said...

Great post Sandra! You always make me smile! Have an awesome weekend with your awesome family:)
Love ya girl!!!!

Angie said...

Ok, I feel the same way! I made a post similiar yesterday about
letting go and letting God carry the load. If we just stay strong and faithful to our Father...it sounds so easy doesn't it? Now tell me why do we make it so hard!?

I am totally with you and the "out of school" thing too. We have 2 more week left, but we are year round school so we start back the middle of July. My baby boy is going into the 1st grade and then my daughters wil be 3rd and 5th, then my oldest son will be a Sophmore in HS. Ugh! I can't believe how time flies by.

I will say a prayer for you tonight!