Friday, May 12, 2006

TGIF and Remember When???

Boy am I glad this week is over, I feel like I've been running on overdrive.
Nicholas is still sick, and if he's not better by this afternoon I think I'm taking him in to the ER, he has a horrible cough and this wheezing sound in his lungs. Agghhhh nothing like that to make a mom go bonkers.
Know what I mean? I used to be fine with all kinds of sounds, they meant nothing to me, then I became a mom and boy did that change fast.

  • Wheezing - OMG they must have bronchitis.
  • Coughing - What if it's pneumonia?
  • Screaming - Someone is badly hurt!
  • Ow Ow Ow - YIKES what if a bone is protruding?
  • Sneezing - Dagnabit he's got a cold again.

See?!?!?!? That's how my mommy mind works. Pretty scary huh?

Tonight I have a BodyShop Party to attend. I really want to go just to get out of the house, but now I'm faced with this decision. Curt is working his usual hours which means he won't be home until at least 12am. The girl throwing the party said I could bring the kids and let them play with hers, but my whole worry is that I won't be able to have fun having to constantly watch what they are doing, or rather, what NICHOLAS is doing since he's only 3 years old.
Should I still go? I need some input here, pretty please!!!!

So last night I watched ER, I always do. All I have to say is, OMG!!! I cried my eyes out the whole show. If anyone else watched it you will know what I'm talking about, watching anything military related really hits home, it's heartbreaking. I think I let it all out though, I started crying over the show and then just let my other sadness come through, and boy do I feel good now. Nothing like a good cry once in a while right?

This morning the base commissary is having their usual Case Lot Sale. It's a great place to buy in bulk, last one they had I was able to purchase a box of 4 big laundry detergent bottles for only $7. Can't beat that right???
So that's where I'm headed this morning.

Today is Military Spouse Appreciation Day. I want to send a HUGE thank you and a Happy Day to all the wonderful military wives out there. You are such an incredible and important part of the military life and I hope you know how much you are appreciated. Veronica, Court, Emily, Kbug, Courtney, April, dzygoneby, syvanna, airforcewife, stacy. There are so many more out there, wish I knew them all.
If you're not a military spouse but know someone who is, please go by and let them know how much they are appreciated. :)

I've been so busy lately, and with Nicholas sick I haven't had time to think of my "Remember When???" story for today, so I will just leave it out for now, and will come back this afternoon with one.

Hope you all have a wonderful day, enjoy your friday. :)


3 comments:

someone else said...

I love your sparkly salute to bravery sign. Very cool!

Better stock up on kleenex at that Case Lot Sale! I hope next week is less cluttered for you.

Courtney said...

Thank you Sandra....Emily's right reading your blog I feel like we have known each other for years. You always seem to lift my spirits even at my very worst times. Thank you Sandra for being such a great friend. Oh, hope Nicholas gets feeling better. The kids & I were sick with colds when Matt was in....It was torture!

Sandra said...

Emily - I'm soooooo glad that you handed it over to God and feel so much better. I was worried you would stop blogging because we want to hear about you. I feel like I've known you for years, you're so right, it's like talking to an old friend. You know that I'm always here to support you guys, both you and Dan, and even from a distance I will do what I can to help you get through this.
HUGE HUGS to you, hope you have a good weekend :)
Love,
Sandra

Courtney - You are too sweet :) I'm blessed to know ladies like you and Emily, you are such amazing friends even though we've never met, and like I told Em, I'm always here and ready to help with anything you need :) Hugs and Hugs and hugs to you and the kids. Sandra :)