Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My favorites!!!!

You know I was thinking about Oprah the other day. Yeah well, it's not like I usually think about her during the day, but for some reason I was thinking back on her "Oprah's Favorite Things" and I realized that there a few things that I just recently discovered that I just LOVE. So I thought I would start today by sharing them with you.

The first is my latest chips craze. While grocery shopping the other day I saw these and thought I would give them a try, let me tell you, I ate the whole bag by myself. Yes I feel horrible but my hips love me right now. I just couldn't eat one and put the bag down. Focus Sandra focus!!!!!



But no I couldn't stop there, oh noooooo, that wouldn't be me. I'm addicted to chips, and then I wonder why I have such a hard time loosing weight. Anyway, these next ones I just found yesterday and oh boy, not only do they remind me of the chips above, but they are spicy too and OH SO GOOD!!!
Now moving on to something else that I have become addicted to. If you ever come to my house and wonder what that wonderful smell is, look no further than the can in my left hand.....yes, because I literally walk around with that can, where I go, it goes.
I'm talking about the Air Infusions by Glade. The pink one is my favorite - Garden Bliss-.
It freshens my house and leaves this wonderful amazing smell.


And here's my last one. This nifty little Chores Chart. I heard about it through one of the ladies that left a comment on Shannon's blog when we were discussing Chores and Allowances. I've since gotten one for myself and it's wonderful with the kids.


Now on to other things, I had mentioned Karon Phillips Goodman's new blog. This morning she has a neat little Guess it Game sorta thing going on LOL Sorry I couldn't think of better words to explain it, just go on over and have a look and see if you can guess the book of the Bible that she is talking about.

If you look on over to my sidebar, almost all the way at the bottom, I've added this nifty new little Prayer Card. All you have to do is enter the name of the person you are praying for, then scroll down the menu and pick what the prayer is about, for example, I've used it to pray for Matt, Dan, Jeff and a couple other troops currently in Iraq. You enter their name and then it takes you to a different page where a prayer and scriptures specifically for that person is listed. It's such a great little tool, I'm just loving it.

I just finished adding my menus for the next two weeks, on my food blog. I started the blog as a way to keep track of what we are eating and also in my journey to find foods that my kids will eat, without much fuss. I've been lucky so far, so I've been posting the recipes that have worked for us, maybe they will work for your kids too :) Remember now, I'm portuguese and I I do cook portuguese food as well as the occasional South African dish seeing that I lived there for most of my life. Later today I will posting one of Portugal's favorite desserts called "Pasteis de Nata", they are these wonderful little Cream Cakes made with Puff Pastry. Deliscious, so be sure to check that out.

So here I go, mop and bucket in one hand, vacuum in the other, it's time for housework. You know with this wonderful weather we've been having, my mind keeps taking me to the beach. Boy do I miss the ocean, the waves, the sand and the sun, the smell of sun tan lotion, the laughter of little ones building sand castles, the smell of ice cream. Ahhhhh it's one of those Calgon Take me Away moments!!!!

1 comment:

Colloquist said...

Rock on, Sandra, you are getting it TOGETHER! And you just had to wave that bag of Maui Sweet Onion chips in my face, didn't you. GRR! :)