Tuesday, April 11, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICHOLAS!!!


Today is our baby boy's birthday!!! Baby no more though, for he is turning 3 years old. Wow how time just flies by.

About 3 and half years ago I was at one of my lowest and hardest points in my life. I had just gone through 2 miscarriages and didn't think I would ever be able to conceive again. Then I found out I was pregnant again and it was a bitter-sweet feeling. I was ecstatic that I was pregnant but terrified that something would go wrong again.
It was a high risk pregnancy, I had to have my blood drawn EVERY week to make sure the HCG levels were still going up. I had tons of ultrasounds, but yet I still had bleeding and contractions throughout the whole pregnancy and let's not even mention morning sickness, mine was more like 24 hour sickness that lasted until my 7th month of pregnancy.

I remember being 28 weeks pregnant and going into preterm labor. Spent the night at the hospital trying to stop the contractions and then was pretty much put on bed rest. What was worse was that this happened on a friday night, and Curt was leaving for a TDY that saturday morning at 6am. Try being on bed rest with a 3 year old to take care of, not easy.....BUT DOABLE!!! :)

So Nicholas, Happy Birthday baby, I want to thank you for being so strong and for hanging in there with me. For all the ups and downs, the laughs and the tears and those times where I thought for sure I was going to loose you. I remember when he was born we all laughed because he had the longest umbilical cord, and it was wrapped all around his body. Guess it was his way of saying "I'm hanging in here and NOT going anywhere!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICHOLAS!!!
Mommy, Daddy and Jasmine love you more than you will ever know. Thank you for making our lives so perfect.








8 comments:

Courtney said...

Happy Birthday Nicolas!!!!!!!
What a special little boy you have. I am in tears.

someone else said...

What a sweet story and an adorable little boy. Happy Birthday to Nicholas!

someone else said...

BTW, Sandra, are you reading any of the blogs that are talking about the Blogger Girls gettogether in May? If you haven't read about it, go to the link below. It might be of interest to you since you're in Idaho.

thebigtradeoff.blogspot.com/2006/04/weekend-round-up-yeehaw.html

Sandra said...

Court - Thank you :) I had myself in tears after I wrote it LOL

Morning Glory - Thank you for the birhtday wishes :) He's definitely our little miracle :) I will have to check out the Blogger Girls get together, if I am near them and can make it, that would be awesome :)

Toni Anderson said...

Happy birthday Nicholas!! What a beautiful little boy :)

Anonymous said...

/Happy happy birthday to him! Love what you wrote

GiBee said...

Oh, those photos are absolutely beautiful!!! What an adorable little-big boy!

Sandra said...

Toni - Thank you :) He's our little angel :)

Emily - Thank you for your kind words :) The cake is a funny story because once I made it the kids threw a fit because THEY wanted to decorate it and since I wasn't feeling too well I told them to go ahead. LOL Will post a pic today :)

Mel - Thank you, just wanted everyone to know why he means so much to us :)

Gibee - Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you for the kind words :)