Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Arggghhhhhhhhhh..................

This morning I had Jasmine all dressed and ready for school when I see her zip past me like a flying bullet. I chase after her and find her in the bathroom SICK AGAIN!!! :(
I don't know what it is about this bug that's going around, it's got everyone sick around here. What's the worst? I think I'm getting it!!! Walked around all day yesterday feeling like I was going to throw up, but never did. Today I'm not any better!!!
BUT nothing some coffee and Motrin won't fix.....I say Motrin cause that's the military's choice of medicine for anything from sore throat, to headache, to cold, to post partum delivery. LOL

I've uploaded all the Birthday photos HERE, so if you want to take a look that's where they'll be :)

I want to start this morning by wishing my brother Paul, a Happy Birthday!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day and that you get everything you ever wished for. Wish we were there to celebrate with you, but we will be in thought.
Love you!!!!
Enjoy your week at the Kruger National Park...........boy am I jealous LOL

So today I'm going to be hanging out at home with the kids, watching over Jasmine and hoping Nicholas doesn't get this sick. He was feeling a little restless last night and told me his tummy hurt a bit, and since that's how Jasmine started, I am a little worried.

Easter is quickly approaching and I'm hoping now that the kids are older, that they will start watching "Jesus of Nazareth". I remember growing up, I used to LOVE easter mainly because I knew this movie would be playing and I could yet again enjoy it.
I think my favorite version is with Olivia Hussey as Mary, probably because that's the one I am most familiar with.

I'm hoping that I can instill in my kids the love for God and the scriptures and the REAL reason behind certain holidays. Won't be easy having to compete with the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus, but I'm sure we can do it.
It just seems that nowadays everything is about material things. It's all about how many presents you get and WHAT you get, and not enough about family and being together or even the reason for the celebration, know what I mean???
It's a tough world and one that is becoming increasingly hard to protect my kids from. You teach them one thing at home and then send them off to school and friends during the day, where they are being bombarded with a totally different outlook and view on things. It's a constant battle isn't it???

I was reading Shannon's post this morning and I instantly thought of those Nooma DVD's I mentioned before. The ones by Rob Bell? My favorite is called Rain, and I urge you all to go see the preview for it. I have the DVD at home and I watch it MANY MANY times. It just shows me and again reminds me that God is there for us, at all times. When we think that he is not or that he's deserted us, it's just the opposite.
How God can just stand by and watch us suffer. Where is God when it really hurts? Maybe God is actually closer to us than we think. It's during these hard times that God takes the chance to show us how much he really loves us. All we have to do is listen, and I know I know, it's not easy. When we're faced with a tragedy or a problem, we get so caught up in it that we forget everything else around, but it's always so easy to point the finger at God and say that HE is to blame, how could HE have allowed this? Shouldn't we be pointing the fingers at ourselves and asking how could WE have strayed from him? Why is it ok to reach out to the Lord and to thank him and rejoice when something good happens, but when it's something bad, to turn our backs on him? Think about it, because I for one am tired of doing it. If I can take the good then I can take the bad in life. Because HE is always with me!!!!

But moving on, I've got to make this one short because I'm constantly following poor Jasmine to the bathroom. So I'm off to do what it is that mom's do best, give lots of TLC to the sick child and smile through the piles of laundry that keep getting soiled. If any of you need me you will find me either at the bathroom, near the washer and dryer or somewhere in between both, really!!!

By the way, I suggest you clean your monitors with some Lysol after reading this post. I don't want anyone getting sick and then blaming it on me and the family germs. Go ahead, wipe it down and I will see you all later :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that, Sandra. That is a beautiful film.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing that, Sandra. That is a beautiful film.

Karyzma said...

I grew up in a Buddhist environment, so I never knew anything behind the true meaning of CHristmas and Easter. It really was just days to get candy and presents back then. Then, they put me in a private Christian school from 6th-12th grade where I learned about Jesus and got baptized. Anyway, I do plan on teaching my children about the reasons for those holidays. However, I don't see anything wrong with doing Santa and the Easter bunny in addition to it. Hubby's parents still do the Santa and Easter bunny hoopla, and their kids are college graduates. lol! It's so funny, on Christmas morning they won't let us go downstairs until they say so, and when we go down there there's all kinds of goodies under the tree for us from "Santa". It made me feel like a kid all over again. Although, my parents never did that with me. I have to go, but I hope your family feels better soon. xoxo

Sandra said...

Shannon - Thank you, I'm glad you liked it, to me it went perfectly with what your post was about :)

Mystik - I totally agree, I want my kids to have both. I want them to enjoy being kids and enjoy the egg hunts, the easter bunny and the joys of santa and presents at christmas, but I also want them to have the ability to know the WHY'S behind the holidays and why they exist. I think it's crucial to them :) Sounds like your hubby's family have a lot of fun during the holidays, that is so awesome :) Hugs.

Courtney said...

Oh so your the reason we all got sick???? I should have known.....YOU! LOL!! Poor little girl. I hope she gets better ASAP!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Paul!
What a cute brother you've got, Sandra...first I thought it's Georg Clooney. :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for commenting today on what you spend for groceries. I love to hear what other mom's have found to work for them.

I think I could do a little better here. Maybe when I get one out of diapers....but then he will probably be eating more by then. Who knows!

I have not heard of the DVD's you mentioned. I will have to check that out soon.

Anonymous said...

Poor Jasmine. I hope she feels better soon.
I love the birthday pics. especially the one where he looks surprised.
I was JUST talking to my kids about the real reason for Easter. I always do tell them what the holidays are about. It is so important for them to know

Sandra said...

Court - LOL yeah must be me and my puter germs here, hope you disinfected it after reading the post LOL

anonimous - Thank you :) And yeah now that you mention it, he does look a little like George Clooney LOL

Emily - You're so welcome. Sorry you had such a horrible migraine and I'm glad I could help a bit :) We're slowly getting through this bug, Jasmine is headed to school today :) Hugs and love, Sandra :)

Mel - Thanks :) Yeah I love that pic too, he was really surprised when we lit the candle LOL I'm glad you're also telling your kids the real reason for Easter, it's so important :)