Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Return of the Carpet Cleaner!!!


I DID IT!!! After one whole month of trying to get a carpet cleaner, I finally got one this morning. I called up and the conversation was the usual:

Lady: Blah Blah Blah, Self Help, Blah blah, can I help you?
Me
:
yes, do you have any carpet cleaners in?
Lady
:
Just a sec! * mumble, mumble * Yes we do!
Me: PUT ONE ASIDE FOR ME, I'M HEADING OUT THE DOOR RIGHT NOW!!! DO NOT GIVE IT TO ANYONE ELSE, I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A MONTH FOR THIS!
Lady
:
Oooohhkay!

LOL I swear the lady must think I'm nuts or something, but I really don't care. I'm not joking when I tell you that it's been a whole month of calling them every day to get a carpet cleaner. Gets very frustrating. So, anyway, I got me a carpet cleaner and I'm going to use it today and then let Veronica use it tomorrow so that she doesn't have to track one down for a whole month LOL

I actually went for a haircut this morning. I told the lady to keep the length because I'm trying to grow it out, but to go ahead and layer it and thin it or whatever she could do. See, I have really thick and heavy hair so I can't get away with wearing it all in one length, it's just not possible. She did a good job and now all that I need to do is get some color myself. I WOULD go back to do it but really, I don't want to spend $65, that's not in my budget and besides, I can get it done for $2, well actually $4, because I need 2 bottles instead of 1...but I'm HAPPY and PROUD to announce that Walmart is my hairdresser LOL


I remember those days, the ones where I would go to the hairdresser and get a shampoo, haircut, blow dry, highlights and the works. Then I would get my nails done etc. BUT that was B.K. (before kids). Now I run up and get the $11 haircut at the base salon, come home and wash and style it myself....and nails, HAH, I can't remember the last time I had long ones. Mine are cut short for practicality, I do however occasionally indulge in the nail polish, which seems to last about 2 days tops and then it starts cracking and disappearing. SIGH....such are the joys of parenthood.

I watched American Idol last night, and I can say that I did what I promised I would do last week. I said I would vote for Ace Young until my finger got tired, and I DID!!! LOL
Don't ask me why I watch this show or why I like it, I honestly don't know and wouldn't be able to give you a good answer. It's just one of my weird likes I guess. LOL

So off I go, off to vacuum again and make sure the carpet is ready for cleaning. Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through all this trouble because seriously, I know for a fact that by this weekend there will be the usual mysterious spot, you know the ones that appear without anyone being nearby? I suppose pointing out to Nicholas that the juice pouch is NOT a sprinkler wouldn't do any good?

Well I hope you all have a great afternoon and I will see you all tomorrow with more craziness from this side of the world. Big ol' hug from potato land!!!

2 comments:

Karyzma said...

Hey.
Glad that you finally get to clean your carpet! lol. I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts! Especially when they are fresh off the belt. They are so warm and gooey. I actually ate 10 of them one time, and it didn't take long. Yeah, I felt sick after that. :o)Your kids are beautiful!

Dan said...

Your haircut comments are funny -- I went to get my hair done, the full shabang of highlights, etc. before I left to see my honey. Then I didn't like how it turned out, so I actually went back (never done that before). After all that time and money, I don't think he noticed!!! So on the plane ride home I determined that it's probably best for that expensive habit to fall by the wayside. :) I'm sure you look gorgeous!