Monday, February 13, 2006

Slow, uneventful weekend!!!

Well that was pretty much what this weekend was. Didn't do much at all, can't even say that I cleaned the house as thoroughly as I usually do.

You know there's days that I clean and clean and clean, it's like I'm nesting without actually being pregnant. LOL
Then there's those days that I get up in the morning and just want to sit around all day and do nothing, which in itself is impossible because being a mom we are not allowed such luxuries. Kids want to eat and then they want a snack and then they want to play, etc etc etc, you get my drift. I know all the moms out there know exactly what I mean.

So anyway, this weekend was one of those. Oh wait, we did go out on saturday morning, and that was to run to the dollar store to buy stuff for Jasmine's valentine's party at school. When you sit down and think about how much money you're going to spend just making gifts for 24 kids, it's amazing how quickly you come up with shortcuts and other ideas.
I'm not saying I'm cheap, but, honestly, when having to buy for 24 kids it does get a bit expensive.
Soooooo, we went to the dollar store and were able to buy all sorts of Valentine's goodies to make gift bags for the party. I'm sure the kids will enjoy it. You can never go wrong with candy, pencils, play dough and that sort of stuff.

I did spend a lot of time this weekend just messing around with my PSP program which I absolutely LOVE. Can't say enough about it, it's just so much fun to create all sorts of goodies from nothing. This is one I made, which I think came out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.

I love all sorts of crafts and it's so much fun making something that you can say "hey, I did that all by myself without any help, and it came out really good". I've started working on a Recipe Scrapbook, which is from a kit my mom in law gave me, and it's so much fun messing around with it. I also have sewing I want to get done, and not to mention my latest craziness, Soap Making. I'm SO eager to get into this. Will keep you all posted as to what is going on and will even show you pictures of my creations.

Maybe I should change my name to Crafty Sandra??? LOL Uhhh, nevermind I don't like that. I'll just stick to my normal name LOL

No comments: