Monday, May 22, 2017

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/22/2017 }

Good morning everyone, welcome to another Monday and another Happy Homemaker Monday :)

It's been an insane past few weeks, but I'm finally done with everything that I had on my plate.  School is officially over, my girl is officially graduated, my brother has returned home and now I can concentrate back on my blog, updating regularly, homemaking, reading and taking it easy.

I'm quite looking forward to that :)

I'll come back later with some pictures of my girl and her graduation ceremony, but let's get right into our HHM for today.






The weather:::
Where to start, we have had strong, severe storms and tornado watches the past week.  Thursday and Friday were pretty intense days in the weather department.  Today it's cloudy and we're expecting yet more rain, as well as rain in the forecast for tomorrow, but the rest of the week it's 96 and 95 degree days so should be quite nice.    


On my reading pile:::
Just finished a book that I'm reviewing today on the blog.  Starting on the next in line. 


Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::
As usual, if I was busy around the house, the TV was set to ID Discovery and crime shows.  I did manage to catch up on Reign, I love that show and am quite sad that it's ending after this season. 


On my TV:::

General Hospital
Dr Phil
The White Princess
The Handmaid's Tale
Once Upon a Time Season 6


On the menu for this week:::
Only have meals planned until Thursday, Friday I'll be grocery shopping.

Monday
Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Salad and cake.  It's my husband's birthday!!!
Tuesday
Crockpot Cream Cheese Chicken with Noodles    
Wednesday
Chicken Fajitas
Thursday
Homemade Cheesy Garlic Pizza 
Friday 
   
Saturday
 
Sunday
 


On my to do list:::
Laundry......Have two loads fresh out of the dryer that I need to fold.  Put aways all the laundry.
Living rooms.... vacuuming, tidying up.
Kitchen..... load dishwasher, clean floors and counters
Blog..... I'm working on turning my blog into books and so far every website I had come across was quite expensive and wanted around $45 for just one month.  Considering I have 11 years worth of content, that was not a good idea.  I finally came across a more affordable solution, but I'll tell you all about it in a separate post.


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::

I've completely fallen off the Nuts about Squares wagon, it's just been too busy for me to be able to do any kind of crochet or crafting.  Next week I can get back on track and start catching up.


Looking around the house:::

Just the typical tidying up.  I do have the back of my couches in the den, FULL of clean laundry that just needs to be put away. 
  

From the camera:::
My stunning daughter, I can't believe that she's graduated high school.  Like I said above, I've been working on turning my blog to book and have been going through all the posts, I was just working on the first few posts of my blog which were back in 2006 when she was but 7 years old.  Ugh, I want to cry!!! 




What I'm wearing today:::
Have a long flowy flowery skirt and a tank top.  I'm comfortable but still look cute, at least I think so hahaha  


One of my simple pleasures:::
Looking through old photos, even if it makes me nostalgic, I still really love looking back at where we were, how young the kids were and what we were doing. 


Inspirational Quote, Bible verse, anything you want to share::

I actually want to take this little spot to wish my husband a very Happy 44th Birthday.  I've been extremely blessed and lucky to have him as my life partner, and I couldn't imagine it being anyone else.  My wish is that I get to celebrate many more birthdays with him and our children.  Love you Curtis :)

9 comments:

Jean said...

Congrats to your daughter and happy birthday to your husband! Hope you get a break from any more severe weather and have a wonderful week ahead!

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

It does sound like you've had a rather intense month with all the special activities and visits. Having a break will be nice. Will be interested in learning more about the affordable blog/book option you found. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation!

threesidesofcrazy said...

CONGRATULATIONS Jasmine! Must feel awesome to have your whole world ahead of you!

I've been trying to look into ideas for converting the blog too, but none of them for 11 years worth seemed affordable, I can't wait to see what you have to tell us.

Have a GREAT week as you settle back into some normalcy.

Jodi said...

Congrats to your daughter!! Have an amazing week!!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Congratulations to your daughter! Sounds like you have all been very busy. Here it feels as if we will never totally get done with our unpacking!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Congrats to Jasmine! She must be so proud of herself - conquering some of the things she had been battling and staying the course and accomplishing this! Must be some pretty proud parents too. ;)

Happy bday to Curt too! I pray storms pass you by and you get great weather. Have a wonderfully more relaxed week Sandra! xoxo

Susanne said...

Congratulations to Jasmine! What a great accomplishment!

Christy said...

Congratulations to your daughter! She looks stunning - just love her hair color! I have a question about the blog book (I ready your post on it but since I'm here, I'll ask it here). Is color printing an option? I realize it will be more expensive, but my daughter wants to print her mission blog so I am grateful for the information!

Christy said...

Congratulations to your daughter! She looks stunning - just love her hair color! I have a question about the blog book (I ready your post on it but since I'm here, I'll ask it here). Is color printing an option? I realize it will be more expensive, but my daughter wants to print her mission blog so I am grateful for the information!