Tuesday, March 21, 2017

{ What I've been up to }

_MG_5957

Hello everyone :)

What a crazy past few days we've had, but I wanted to come in and do a quick post, a little recap of what I've been busy with.

_MG_5958

The weather has been glorious, we are finally in Spring mode and I'm loving it.  I took the two photos above just the other morning, I stepped out to let Marley potty and really liked how the fog looked in the distance.

_MG_5947

As the weather has warmed up, Mr Marley has finally decided that he likes grass and exploring the big back yard.  He spends so much time out there just walking around, running through the grass, sniffing and barking and having a great time.

_MG_5945

He is so cute, I just love watching him.

_MG_5971

I did my usual 2 week grocery shopping, and I apologize but really haven't had time to do a grocery haul at all.  I haven't gotten anything out of the ordinary just the usual so you're not missing out on anything good :)

Updated the chalkboard which I hadn't done in, oh, a few months?  It's been insane.

_MG_5972

On Friday we took the kids to Cracker Barrel for dinner, they had been asking for a while.  I had been out earlier with my sister in law and we had grabbed lunch together so I wasn't hungry, and my husband had lunch with his coworkers and wasn't hungry too, so we really just went for them.

I try so hard to not get anything at their store because I love everything in there and if I could, I would take everything home with me.  One of the things I've always really liked and first started buying back when we were stationed at Luke AFB, is the Goat's Milk Lotion Blue Ridge Wildflowers.  It smells AMAZING!!!

_MG_5973

I also saw these adorable herb mason jars and I didn't want to grab them, but my husband made it a point of grabbing them for me.  He is so sweet :)

_MG_5974

I haven't planted them yet, they're still closed because again, I just haven't had time for much of anything.

_MG_5976

We did our first mow of the year and I have to tell you the smell of the fresh cut grass made me smile so darn big :)

_MG_5977

Everywhere we look it's Spring. 

_MG_5981

The kids are doing good with school, I can hardly believe that we are but 2 months away from the end of the year.  Jasmine is graduating and Nick will be moving on to high school.  Crazy!!!

Anyway, just a bit of what's been going on around here.  I also picked up my Mandala Madness again and am hoping to get some progress made on that, it helps to keep my mind occupied.

We got through our Uncle's funeral, it was a beautiful service and a perfect send off for him. 

Now I just need to get through Thursday, as you all know I need to go in for a Spot Compression and Sonogram.  I try to stay strong and positive and not worry, but to be honest, I flip flop back and forth.

One moment I tell myself it's fine, it will all come back fine, then the next minute I tell myself I'm just setting myself up for a big let down and I'm going to hear what I don't want to hear.  I just wish I could let it go and let God, but it's something I've struggled with my whole life, God knows this, and it's probably why I'm constantly being thrown into such situations where I need to learn to trust and let go.

Anyway, I best get Marley back inside and start getting things done and ready for bedtime, didn't have a very good night's sleep last night and am looking forward to maybe getting an early night in.

I hope you are all doing well, I miss interacting with you all and knowing what is going on in your lives.  Sending everyone big hugs and blessings.

xoxoxo

3 comments:

Ksunshine52 said...

Your pictures of Marley are cute! He's enjoying the spring smells! Good luck on Thursday. My prayers are with you!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Dear Sandra ~ It's hard to believe that Jasmine graduates this year and that Nick is going into high school.

I love the scent of freshly mown grass.

You are in my thoughts and prayers for Thursday.

Love & hugs ~ FlowerLady

Simply Quaint said...

Good morning....I hope these next few days go quickly but peacefully for you...I know how hard it is not to worry about your testing but hopefully it's all just a precaution and all will be fine....youll be in good hands through it.....

Marley has grown tremendously.....he is so handsome....the sight of a mower looks wonderful....it's gotten cold here in Ohio again, today is in the 30's ......I'm so over this....I'm ready for spring....

Have a wonderful day....praying for you......

Blessings
Rhonda