Tuesday, January 17, 2017

{ Tuesday January 17, 2017 }

January 17, 2017

Rain is pouring down outside, it started around 4:30pm.  Steadily and unwavering, it's pitter pattered on, completely oblivious to it's impact on the ground it's hitting.

Luckily for me, I'm a huge lover of a good rain, even if at times I myself have asked if it wasn't enough, or if it couldn't let off for a bit.  I have friends who live in areas that are going through droughts, and for them, I wish it would head their way, but alas, I can't perform miracles, so I just sit back and enjoy what nature is bestowing upon us.

It's been a slow day.  A day of me dragging myself around, getting things done, though at an almost snail pace speed.

My head hurts.  It started hurting yesterday evening and it's been here all through the day, some times hurting more than others, but nonetheless, just like the rain, steady and unwavering.

I think I'm getting a cold.  Another.  I mean, can't just have one cold without another on it's heels can we?  It's like going to a party without inviting all your friends, they want a chance at some fun as well.

January 17, 2017

On a good day, I'm usually off the couch by 8am, dressed and onto housework.

Today I dragged, I sat around, watched some vlogs, watched some Netflix and started a new crochet blanket.  By the time I looked at the clock it was 9:30am.  So I forced myself off the couch, threw on some comfy warm pajama pants and a tank top and did a quick tidying around.

January 17, 2017

Thankfully yesterday I had most of my housework done, so was able to go slower today.

I have this problem though, which I'm sure most women do.  I feel incredibly guilty if I'm sitting down on the couch for even 10 minutes.  I feel like I should be doing something, cleaning something, tidying something.  The feel of guilty is crazy because neither my husband nor my kids care if I'm sitting down for any amount of time, seeing as everything that needs to be done is.

Do any of you know what I'm talking about?  It's sometimes impossible to actually enjoy doing nothing.

January 17, 2017

I worked a bit more on the crochet project.  I'm loving it already.  If you're wondering what I'm making, it's the Mandala Madness, and I'm using the leftover yarn from my Sophie, the same one I used to start the Demelza blanket which has kind of been set aside for the time being. 

On Netflix, I watched or rather, started watching Killer in the Family.  It's quite interesting, it's almost like a documentary but featuring a different family killer in each episode.  They look into the red flags, the things that set them off and why they did what they did, as well as interview the family of the victims etc. 

I actually watch most of my shows while doing something else, in this case, working on the crochet mandala.  I just switch back and forth between the two.

So, yes, not a very productive or exciting day but it was nice nonetheless.  I finished my menu plan and grocery list, I worked on a list of blog post ideas, did some schooling with the kids and then it was time to get dinner done.

I decided to go with something quick and easy, so made some oven fries and some Sloppy Joe Sliders.

We also still had some Lemon Dream Cake from the weekend.

I'll have both recipes up tomorrow morning. 

Also, if you have any ideas for upcoming blog posts or anything you would like me to feature or post about, let me know :)

8 comments:

Pamela said...

Sometimes you just need a day like this one.

Sandra said...

Absolutely!!

Nikita said...

Oh my YES!!!! Even if it's all done, I still feel like I need to be doing something. I promised myself this year I am going to learn how to relax.

Pat said...

Sounds like the Lord thought you needed to "be still", hope you feel better

Rachel said...

In our house we call it "mom guilt." That feeling that I must be doing something productive at all times for the family. It is hard to overcome.

I hope that today you are in a better place and that your cold isn't worse. Sometimes, we all need days where things happen at a slow pace and we just rest.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Love the crochet projects dear. Yep, I am one of those feel guilty people if I sit around to much. Today we agreed to have a lazy day. I am trying! LOL! Hoping that you do not get another cold!

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I'll pray for your health just as soon as I hit publish. May you feel well soon!
God bless you,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Tanja said...

I'm also feeling guilty when I take to much time for myself, theres always work waiting , it's never done. I wish I could crochet like that, I can only make simple things.