Friday, January 20, 2017

{ My Friday }

January 20, 2017

Another *hyggelig* day in my home.

With the buzz surrounding the Presidential Inauguration today, I felt that there was so much going on, so many emotions at the forefront and all sorts of feelings, positive and negative, happy and sad.

January 20, 2017

I turned my TV on at 7:30am and have had it on all day long.  I have watched every single moment of this Inauguration.  It has nothing to do with my political views of beliefs, but a lot to do with the fact that I find it such a beautiful thing to witness.

The whole ceremony is so poignant, so important for the country, and everything that happens, the speeches, the swearing in, the public watching, the flags waving.  It is just amazing and I have always made it a point to watch every Presidential Inauguration.

January 20, 2017

But with the TV in the background, I made sure to also take note of my surroundings, and in my journey to a Hygge lifestyle, I try to ground myself and enjoy those little corners of my home that incite a huge deep breath out of my soul.

January 20, 2017

I watched, I smiled, I listened.  And I don't mean to the TV alone, I actually listened for the Lord's guidance in my life and in some important decisions we have coming up.  There's always plenty of those aren't there?  Hence the need for a Hygge full life :)

I worked on my Mandala, and enjoyed moments of my ever growing puppy, on my lap, as he slept and snored.


January 20, 2017

I made brownies.  From a box, because it's what was at hand and was quicker, but I gave it my own personal touch by adding vanilla essence and espresso coffee powder.  They were divine, and I may or may not have had two, with a big dollop of whipped cream.

I may also have totally indulged and enjoyed that intake of calories.

January 20, 2017

I caught him laying in the sun, on the mat by the front door.  Just laying there, watching the birds out in the yard, and the sunshine.  He has the sweetest eyes, the sweetest face and I can't help but hug him and shower him with kisses.

For dinner, we had Domino's pizza.  Yes we're still working on saving money, but I had Free Pizza rewards that I had completely forgotten about, and this was a nice little reward for our little family.

We sat, we ate delicious pizza, we laughed, we talked and we enjoyed every minute of it before the kids retreated back into their bedrooms.  If you have teenagers you know how rare it is to get them to come out and actually sit down and spend some time with you.

Right now I'm watching the Inaugural Ball on TV and I'm about to work on my menu plan for the next two weeks, I started it but I want to go over it again and see what I can tweak and change to save some more money.  Tomorrow morning it's grocery shopping and this time I'll have a grocery haul for you, might even do an actual video one.  Let me know what you prefer, video or just stick with the pictures like I usually do.

Alright my friends, I hope you're all having a beautiful Friday night, and I'll see you all tomorrow back here on the blog :)

8 comments:

Simply Quaint said...

Love your post....thank you for sharing your days with us.....your Afghan is beautiful.....oh how quickly your puppy has grown....what a sweet adorable face......I watched the inauguration off and on, I have mixed feelings, but we must make the best of what it is......have a wonderful weekend....look forward to your grocery haul....either way video or photos it's fun to see....oh yes as for teenagers, I do remember, we had four.....I do have to say they were pretty much out and about, they were busy, friends, sports, etc.....they're all grown now, children of their own.....my youngest will be 29 oldest just turned 34.....

Blessings
Rhonda

Pamela said...

Looking forward to your grocery haul. Have a great weekend.

Malorie Shepherd said...

Uh video for sure!!
I love listening to your accent Sandra!

Elizabeth said...

Susan Branch has a wonderful blog post on Hygge that I think you will really enjoy!! http://www.susanbranch.com/2016/12/hygge-for-the-holidays/

Would love to hear a video from you on the grocery haul!

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Love these kind of days.

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

New to your blog and love it!!!!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

What a lovely enjoyable post. I watched the inauguration as well. First time for me watching it in whole. The mandela is quite lovely and Marley is adorable as always!

Tanja said...

Mmmm....I love brownies, ist a long time ago that I made some.
I think I will make some tommorow :o)
I just took chocolate muffins out of the oven.
I love baking, it gives such a cozy feeling.
I love watching grocery hauls on you tube, so I will love watching yours to.
Thank you for sharing your day.