Monday, November 14, 2016

( Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/14/2016 }

Good morning everyone :) 
 



The weather outside is::::
Wonderful.  Mornings and nights are pretty cold now, and we actually got our first fire of the season going, yesterday.  It was wonderful!  Still seeing upper 70's for highs during the day, but that's ok with me. 

 
On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Just a cup of coffee at the moment.  I am sitting here thinking I need some breakfast but I can't decide on what I want, so I guess I'll just wait a little longer before venturing into the kitchen. 


As I look outside my window:::
Gorgeous sunrise, and I can hear the birds chirping.  I have my french doors open but the screen closed, so I get some of the wonderful fresh morning air in and get to listen to nature waking up. 


Right now I am::::

In my pj's, which by the way are no longer short nightgowns or shorts.  I'm wearing pants and long sleeves, it's come to that folks.    


As I look around the house::::
Had my brother and his family over for dinner and Walking Dead last night.  We always move one of the smaller couches into the living room so we can fit everyone in.  I have to move it back this morning.  I also still have a few things on the dining table that need to be picked up, mainly just napkins, a couple glasses etc.  House is nice and quiet at the moment, my son is still asleep and my girl is actually away this week. 


On today's to do list::::
Laundry....None, my laundry is all done.
Kitchen....Usual clean up in there.
Homeschooling....Usual with the kids.
Menu planning and grocery list
Thanksgiving planning


Happening this week::::
Nothing specific planned, just hoping for a quiet week of normal homemaking.
Speaking of which, I am going to change my blog template out today, and think I really need to get back on track.  Ok, I know I say that all the time and then don't do it, and I hate that about myself, because with all the good intentions I have of following through, life gets in the way and I don't do it.
But I was thinking yesterday that I am missing out on documenting our life, even the boring mundane parts of my day.  I think I got a little caught up in the bad aspects of blogging, just like I was mentioning the other day, and started feeling like I don't have anything interesting going on, so why bother? 
But I'm forgetting that this is not a blog for anyone other than for my own record and memories, and that's what I should be focused on.  So look for more posts starting to pop up, and if it bores anyone, my apologies. 


Currently reading::::
Nothing at the moment, but do have a few review books coming up.


On the TV today::::

The Voice Portugal
Vlogs
General Hospital
Dark Angel - Still haven't watched it, must make some time to do so.


On the menu this week::::
Monday - Salisbury Steak and Rice
Tuesday - Crockpot Chicken in a Hurry, Mashed Potatoes
Wednesday - Crab Ragoon, Sesame Noodles
Thursday - Cheese Ravioli, Salad
Friday - Homemade Pepperoni Deep Dish Pizza
Saturday - Smoked Sausage and Potatoes Skillet
Sunday - Chili Dogs


What I am creating at the moment::::
Still working on my Sophie's and loving every single row.  Did I tell you this blanket is going to be 6 feet all around?  That's huge.  I'm already planning my next one, so excited. 
  

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
The Indian Fry Bread Tacos were a hit.  I'll try to get the recipe up today.


Favorite photo from the camera::::


Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::

O God:
Give me strength to live another day;
Let me not turn coward before its difficulties or prove recreant to its duties;
Let me not lose faith in other people;
Keep me sweet and sound of heart, in spite of ingratitude, treachery, or meanness;
Preserve me from minding little stings or giving them;
Help me to keep my heart clean, and to live so honestly and fearlessly that no outward failure can dishearten me or take away the joy of conscious integrity;
Open wide the eyes of my soul that I may see good in all things;
Grant me this day some new vision of thy truth;
Inspire me with the spirit of joy and gladness;
and make me the cup of strength to suffering souls;
in the name of the strong Deliverer, our only Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen.



PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

5 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Isn't this weather FINALLY beautiful. I LOVE having to put on a jacket to walk the dog in the evenings! I absolutely adore that crochet pattern! You are making a beautiful blanket.

Have a GREAT week.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Good morning my dear friend! I am loving the look of your blanket. some day I hope to do one. Blessings.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy Monday dear Gal!

I'm in love with that blanket!! That'll be a stunner. ;)

I love when you share about your family life - such fun posts!! Sounds like a great plan to me and can't wait to read more!

Blessings on the rest of your week ahead.
xoxo

Kathleen said...

I also love when you share your daily life. Your blog is a breath of fresh air in the blog world these days. It's a blessing and reminds me that it's life's simple moments that matter in this world.

Jean said...

I caught your post yesterday and enjoyed it. Those are the kinds of posts I find myself drawn to read although I don't always get a chance to comment on them (usually reading on my phone). Hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday!