Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/31/2016

Good morning friends, how was your weekend?

I'm sorry this is going up a little later than usual, but the internet here has been wonky lately, to put it nicely.  It is going on and off this morning so I'm going to try and get this up as fast as I can, while it's working properly. 




The weather outside is::::
69 degrees at the moment, but with a high of 80.  Looks like we're still in the 80's around here, but mornings and nights are definitely cool and crisp. 


On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Had a cup of coffee when I got up with the puppy at 7am, and have been busy ever since.  So just finished cleaning the kitchen and made myself another cup of coffee and am finally having breakfast.  Onion bagel sandwich with cream cheese, ham and provolone cheese slice.  Yum!! 


As I look outside my window:::
The trees in my backyard are almost deplete of leaves and there's beautiful colors all around.  I love Fall, my favorite season along with Spring.


Right now I am::::
Eating my breakfast and drinking my coffee, typing up this post and getting the puppy down for a nap hahaha  I swear I feel like I have a baby in the house again. 


As I look around the house::::
It's clean for the most part, nothing like the usual Monday horror.  I need to pick up Marley's toys that are all over the floor in this living room.  Just a little tidying here and there and nothing major. 


On today's to do list::::
Laundry....Wash the bathroom rugs.
Kitchen....Empty dishwasher, reload with breakfast dishes.  Clean counters, sweep and mop floor.
Homeschooling....work on school with kids and getting them caught up.  It's never ending, I feel like we just can't get ahead.


Happening this week::::
Monday.....Halloween, taking my daughter out for her last trick or treat.  I know she's 17 and some people are against teenagers trick or treating, but honestly, I saw let them have some good innocent safe fun while they can.  I would much rather she's out getting candy, instead of out with bad company doing drugs or alcohol. 
Tuesday....Baking Bread
Wednesday....Taking puppy for his second round of shots.


Currently reading::::
The Women (Old west time life series).  Such a phenomenal book.  I picked it up at a Thrift Store and absolutely love it.  




On the TV today::::
The Voice Portugal
Vlogs
General Hospital
Paranormal Lockdown Halloween Special
Dark Angel - Starting tonight on ITV.  It follows the story of Mary Ann Cotton who was Britain's first serial killer


On the menu this week::::
Monday - Beef Stroganoff with Egg Noodles
Tuesday - Ranch Chicken Thighs, Mash
Wednesday - Indian Fry Bread Tacos, Refried Beans with Bacon and Green Chilies
Thursday - Feijoada (Portuguese bean stew), Rice
Friday - Beef and Potato Nacho Casserole
Saturday - Homemade Pizza
Sunday - Jambalaya, Salad


What I am creating at the moment::::
Finished the Cthulhu for my daughter's boyfriend.  I must actually take a picture to show you. 
Still working on my new blanket. 
Made my husband a dragon scale dice bag (picture below)
Need to finish Marley's blanket.
Started a beanie hat which I'll probably put up for sale here on the blog, along with a few other things, but I'll let you know all about it and show you the stuff soon.   
Finished the owls for my friend Cheri, need to mail them to her.

 

New recipe I tried or want to try this week::::
The Crockpot Chicken Philly Cheesesteaks was pretty good, but I didn't even get a chance to take a picture, so I can't post it  on the blog.  This week the  Indian Fry Bread Tacos are new so I'll share that one.


Favorite photo from the camera::::






Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::

Let those who fear the Lord say: "His love endures forever." When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord; he brought me into a spacious place. The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 118:4–6, NIV

Lord our God, dear Father in heaven, we thank you. How often you rescue us from all fear and distress! How often you hear and answer us! Grant that our hearts may always be eager and joyful because you answer us. There is nothing else for us in this world; you are our one hope, our only hope. You alone can help our times, help the nations, help each person. Nothing else matters to us. Lord our God, for the rest of our life on earth you alone are our help, our comfort, and our strength. Amen.



PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!


6 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sandra! Happy Halloween! ;)

I totally agree. My teen doesn't want to dress up - but if he did I wouldn't have a problem with it. He wants to hang out at our house with his friends and help hand out candy. I feel much better about any of that than other things they could be doing!

I just can't get enough of your sweet Marley! I love following all his photos on IG. ;)
I'm excited about the fried bread tacos recipe!! And you are a whiz at crochet!!

Have a blessed week ahead Hon. xoxo

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Sounds like a good week for you dear. I do so love that picture of Marley!

Jean said...

Hope you have managed to resolve your computer issues. Mine all went to school this morning, ha, so now I can have a turn at things. Thanks for hosting HHM & I hope you have a great Tuesday morning and rest of the week!

Row. said...

Oh I love the book you are reading- My father has the set of those old books and I would love to flip though them as a child. Happy Halloween.

Amy at love made my home said...

Hope you have a good week!

Reshaping Me said...

I really miss being a part of this each week. I just do not do the homemaking stuff anymore. That I really miss! But to everything there is a season. My season of being at home is gone, sadly.

Marley is ADORABLE! Makes me want to get another one. I love his spots. I use to have a Dalmatian years ago. I just love them, but they are very high strung.

Jen