Monday, September 12, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/12/2016

Good morning friends, welcome back to another Happy Homemaker Monday.  We didn't have one last week as it was Labor Day here in the States, but we're back on track today. 

Let's see what we have going on shall we?



On the weather front:::
The temperatures have dipped and mornings we're seeing dew on the grass.  Makes me happy, I like summer but I'm ready for cooler temps.  Only thing I'm not too happy about is that it seems we're having rain the whole week including the coming weekend, which will be a big no no since the Air Show is going on and we really want to go.  

On my bedside table:::
Cup of coffee
TV remote
Devotionals
Nail polish

On my TV:::
Watching my Portuguese soaps. 
General Hospital
The Chew
 
Thinking and pondering::::
About my husband's job situation.  Still praying that it gets resolved and we know soon what is going on for sure.   

Listening to::::
The TV.

Favorite Youtube Video last week:::
I recently came across another channel from an Army family currently stationed in Alaska,  The Life of the Cassels.  Check it out when you get a chance :) 

On the menu for this week:::
So this week I'm cooking for just 3, as my Jasmine is currently away visiting her boyfriend and his family. 

Monday -  Tacos, Chips and Salsa 
Tuesday - Slow Cooked French Dip Sandwiches, Pasta Salad
Wednesday - Spaghetti Casserole
Thursday - Portuguese Steak, Egg, Fries
Friday - Chicken Tettrazzini
Saturday - Air Show so will grab something to eat there
Sunday - Beef Curry


On my To Do List:::
Schooling with my boy
Housework


Looking forward to:::
Air show this weekend
Getting my girl back after 2 weeks, I miss her so much


What I plan on doing for myself this week:::
I have no clue, I am trying to take it easy, relax, and do the things that bring me join.


Favorite photo:::
These two are so in love, they've been together for 2 years and their love just continues to grow.  They send me constant selfies throughout the day which makes me so incredibly happy :)




Lesson learned the past few days:::
I'm learning to let go and get used to the idea that my kids are growing and one day, very soon, I'll have to face the fact that it will be just the hubby and I.  It's so hard and I don't know if I can even begin to get ready for this, but I have to.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:::
 



8 comments:

Jodi said...

Happy Monday! The air show sounds like fun! Hope you have a great week!

Jean said...

I missed reading your Happy Homemaker Monday post last week! I hope you have a wonderful week ahead and find lots to do that will bring you joy.

Rachel said...

Hi Sandra! Hope you are having a wonderful Monday. Just popped in to say that I was participating in HHM today (its been awhile!). Love your quote at the end about being a mom. Saw that last week on Facebook and it really resonated with me. :)

Christy said...

That meme pretty much sums it up! I am also trying to get used to not being a full time mom. This has been my life for twenty years. Now it's time to find myself! Hope you have a great week!

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Love the verse! I think all mums think like that - guilt seems to be an ever present feeling.

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

We certainly could use some rain here and just may get some this week. It must be hard for the kids to grow and go on with their lives.

Sandy J said...

Happy Monday Sandra,
Somehow I'm up before my kiddos and had time to make some coffee and sit down at the pc for a few minutes. I was thinking of you since its Monday and went looking. I can't find you on facebook anymore. I must not have been reading your posts as closely lately and missed that you were taking them down. Anyway, I look forward to today's posting. I'll just have to catch it later. I've spotted fog here for the first time in I don't know how long. I am hoping for cool weather soon but it's probably not going to happen. It will be close to the 90 this afternoon here in SoCal. I hope you have a wonderful day and week!! :)

Jess said...

Missing you this week! Hope all is well with you and your family.