Wednesday, August 03, 2016

{ A day in the life }

_MG_3261

Good morning friends.

It's Wednesday morning and I thought I would come in a do a day in the life post, for yesterday.  I have yet to get out of bed this morning, well, I mean I have been up to make coffee for the hubby before he left for work and I did get myself a cup too and some toast.

But, I am still sitting up on my bed, watching vlogs, my Portuguese soaps, and basically taking it easy.

I need to charge my camera, the battery is dying, and as soon as that is done, I'll try to take some more pics today for you.

_MG_3268

First of all, before I even show you my day, I wanted to take a moment to thank each and every single one of you, who left comments on my previous post.  Thank you, really, from the bottom of my heart.  I wasn't sure how my post would be taken and I certainly didn't want to come off as whiny or complaining.  It was just something I had to get off my chest and I'm glad I did because I've definitely felt all your prayers the past 2 days.

Things are still difficult, and I find that I have to reprimand myself numerous times throughout the day, when I start once again worrying about certain things.

It's a constant "Stop, you've given it to God, stop trying to take it back.".

I'm sure I don't have to tell you all how it is, we tend to revert back to old habits and it's hard to break free, but I'm trying.

I've also gone back to my daily devotionals.  I reinstalled my Youversion Bible App and picked a few plans to follow.

God will Carry you Through
Promises from God for your Child

I do still have a few others on there that I didn't get to finish from the last time I had the app, so I've decided to keep them and just play catch up.

Beating Burnout:  Finding Hope and Health
Esther Challenge
The 40-Day New Testament Challenge

I've already done all my reading for today and it's quite amazing just how God shows you what you need to read or hear, even in the most unexpected places.  Yesterday, pretty much every single friend or page I follow on Facebook had the same verse or said the same thing.....


Love it!!!

Anyway, wanted to thank you all so much for the comments, for the words of comfort, for the prayers and for all the advice, I truly appreciate it :)

Now to show you my day.....

_MG_3259

Laundry, and organizing.  The red basket was filled with random cookbooks that I had been throwing in there.  I got the books put away where they belong, and the basket now holds my table cloths and placemats.

My laundry is never ending.  Thankfully, we have a new dryer and it's been such a blessing getting things done.

_MG_3260

Worked on the new menu plans and also a new budget.  As I pay off certain bills, and have others added in, I'm constantly changing things around.  Again, we are blessed to have my husband's job which has been helping us get on track financially.

_MG_3258

Dusted and reorganized my bakers rack.

_MG_3267

The days have been beautiful here.  I can always count on stepping outside and feeling much better about everything going on around me.

_MG_3269

_MG_3270

The tree I picked to bury my beautiful Lola.  It's exactly two weeks today since she passed and I still find myself crying over her.  I miss her terribly and it still hurts to know she's gone for good.

_MG_3271


_MG_3273


We have hung this hummingbird wind chime on the tree branch right above her. 

I would love to say that I go out there every single day, but I haven't been able to, it is too hard to stand there knowing she's under the ground and gone.  I try to, but the minute I get anywhere near her grave the tears just flow and it hurts too much.

I'm sure with time I'll be able to do it, for now though, I just can't.

Today, I have more laundry to do and I want to clean out my back patio area.  It's such a mess right now, we had very strong winds last week and they've blown all sorts of stuff around, there's grass all over the concrete, the table and chairs are thrown about.  I hate seeing it like that but haven't had the energy to get out there and fix it.

So, today I'm working on that so that I can have a nice place to sit at and enjoy the fresh air.

I'll take pictures though and show you all later how it is looking.

I better get to it!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You and your family are in my prayers. I am glad you are working through some good devotions. That Bible app is awesome. It's it daily.

Lulu said...

love these every day random posts..
hugs

Simply Quaint said...

My heart aches for you, I am so glad to see you posting and sharing with us, there are so many you don't know personally, but we know and you know so well through your blog from all the years of sharing your life with, that care about you and pray that all this will come together soon and you will find your way back....keep your faith, your live and the spirit to push through....we are all here, we care......thank you for sharing if ever you need to talk, please know you can email me personally.......I've experienced many a bumpy roads in my life and still do.....

Blessings and many hugs
Rhonda

Wendi said...

Glad to see that you are picking up and moving forward in the mist of difficult times. Still praying for you all! BTW... your breakfast bowl looks yummy!!

Jill said...

Lovely post Sandra, I love the photo of the tree and the rainbow colors that go across it... she is "home" My heart goes out to you, it is never easy losing a pet. Hugs.

Blessings,
Jill

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

These posts are always so fun and love getting a peek into your daily world. Keep up the great work with devotion time and giving to God. It will get better dear Friend!! Continuing prayers until then. ;)

Have a great weekend ahead Sweetie.
xoxo

Row. said...

Loved this post, I am so glad to hear you are giving it over to God and taking life day by day, keeping you in my prayers. I really like your photos especially your laundry area/chalk board and the tree where Lola lays Beautiful. I hope you have a great weekend.