Monday, June 20, 2016

FishFlix.com Review




I was recently contacted by the wonderful folks over at FishFlix.com and asked if I would be interested in reviewing something for them.

Being a Christian, I don't often get many chances to review Christian specific sites or products, and this was a great opportunity to do that.

If you don't know about FishFlix.com then you don't know what you're missing.  It is a great site for Christian DVD's.  There are tons of categories to choose from, Bible Teaching, Children, Documentaries, Christmas....whatever you like you're sure to find.

If you sign up for their newsletter right now, you will get a 10% discount on your order.

You can find them on Facebook, Twitter, and even Pinterest.

I was sent Apostle Paul and the Earliest Churches, to review.


Apostle Paul and the Earliest Churches is a brilliant and illuminating production. Beginning with his conversion, it reenacts Paul's missionary journeys on Anatolian soil (modern Turkey). This brief, 48-minute Christian DVD contains an archaeological treasury: mosaics, frescoes, statues, amphitheaters, agoras, temples and more. The historical, religious, and archaeological background of each Anatolian region in which Paul preached the gospel is explained.

Yet this film is more than an archaeological or historical survey; this production's reenactment of the miracles Paul performed, the difficulties he encountered, and the persecution he faced beckons the viewer to experience with the Apostle himself the birth of the Christian church.

The film's archaeological emphasis is enhanced by 3D animated maps and footage of Antioch on the Orontes, Pisidian Antioch, Ephesus, Tarsus, and other cities important to Paul.

**********************************************

I've always found the Apostle Paul fascinating, so to be able to go through his journey almost step by step was quite exciting.

The video was 48 minutes long which to me was the perfect time, not extremely long that it would make me lose interest and not short where it left me wondering if anything was left unshared or unsaid.

Not only does it teach us more about who Paul was, but it takes us on a journey through all the regions where he preached the gospel, in a sense giving us an insight into what the areas looked like, where they were and what they looked like.  To me, it helps visualize certain things therefore allowing me to better understand what I'm reading in the Bible.

Paul's life and his devotion to the Lord, is clearly shown as we are shown his missionary journey through old Anatolia which is now known as Turkey.  The voice overs, the 3D maps, the architecture shown and the ruins etc. were so interesting to see.

I thoroughly enjoyed it and I actually passed it on to some family members who showed interest in watching too, and just like I they loved the film.

I think it's one that many Christians would enjoy watching in their homes.


Thank you to FishFlix.com for sending me a review copy of Apostle Paul.  All thoughts and opinions are my own.



No comments: