Saturday, January 02, 2016

Hello January!!!

So, here we are, January 2016!!!

Good gravy, feels like I blinked and 2015 was over, just that quick.  I'm not going to lie, I'm glad to see it gone, for us it was really one of the hardest years we've had, just so much going on, financially, emotionally, my grandmother close to passing and a blur of busyness that never seemed to end.

I am so glad to be off that roller coaster.

A whole new year stands before us, a blank slate, we have no idea what is about to show up on those pages, and while that may seem quite disconcerting at times, in another way it's quite liberating and exciting.  The chance to do things differently, to learn from what happened in 2015, to make it a good year.

I for one am ready to hold onto the Lord's hand and let Him guide us through this year, instead of trying to guide Him, which never really works out well for me.  You would think after so many years of trying it that way, I would have learned, but nope, still messing up.  Hoping this year I finally give the Lord the reigns.

Anyway, I am here tonight with a ton of pictures to show you, so I hope you're ready for a pretty photo heavy post :)

Another thing I am determined to do this year, is to really document my life on the blog, I was looking back through my blog posts last year and I didn't post much at all, it was mainly Happy Homemaker Monday posts or fillers, and that saddens me because I feel like so much happened and not much of it was shown on the blog.

So, I'm going to remedy that.  I am making a pact with myself to make sure to blog every single day, even if it means a simple two liner post with a single photo, it doesn't matter, I want to see it.

Right, now let me show you the first 2 days of January in pictures, are you ready????

Friday, January 1st 2016

_MG_1597

See this spot?  That is where I spent yesterday.  Not even kidding, and not even ashamed to admit it, but that is exactly where I spent the very first day of January, on my bed with that comfy blanket, surrounded by pillows and an adorable pug.

_MG_1598

I watched some shows, some vlogs, did a little crochet and chatted to my sister in law back in Idaho.  It really was the perfect way to spend the day and honestly, we all deserve a down day where we do whatever we want, no schedules, no places to be, no running around.  It does the heart and soul, a world of goodness.

_MG_1604

As the day went by, I had a nice little surprise waiting for me.  My wonderful husband knows just how much I love Cath Kidston, and every chance he gets and is able to, he indulges me in some bits and bobs from my absolute FAVORITE store on earth.

_MG_1606

This was a late Christmas present, he had ordered it but it was delayed and stuck in processing for a few weeks and I don't know what else, but it finally arrived yesterday and let me tell you, it was well worth the wait :)  Delicate Blossom Fragrance Body Lotion.....Almond Blossom at that.  And oh my, does it smell amazing.

_MG_1607

Along with it came this tiny perfume sample for Simply Belle.  I had never smelled it, but it is so lovely.

_MG_1608

And I had to show you the inside of the Cath Kidston box, because.....come on......really?????  How beautifully gorgeous is that?  That's one thing I love about the CK products, every little detail, every little touch is pretty and just perfect.  I am not getting rid of this box, I have to keep it forever, it's just that pretty.

_MG_1612

Finished off the first day of January with some Pressure Cooker Chili and boy was it good.  I am beyond thrilled with my pressure cooker, it's the second dish I've prepared in it and we loved it.  Chili in 20 minutes.  Can't beat that!!!

Saturday, January 2nd 2016

_MG_1626

Woke up to a beautiful Saturday morning, clear skies and not a single cloud in sight.  The sun was shining brightly, but oh was it cold.

First thing on the agenda today?  Hair cuts for Jasmine and I.  I've been growing my hair for the past year or so, but I have super thick and heavy hair and it's just a pain to have it long, it's heavy, there's so much of it and it just hangs if it's not in layers, so I did what I always do.....chopped it all off and went back to my asymmetrical bob.



These aren't the best of quality because I took them with my phone, but you can still see what we did.



Jasmine on the other hand wanted a completely different look and chopped her hair off too, I was soooooo scared at first and made sure she did NOT go too short, but it's still pretty short from what she usually has.  She also changed her hair color completely.  Much as I love her red, I know she was a little bored and ready for a change, so she went with a warm Walnut and I think it suits her perfectly :)

_MG_1628

We went out to lunch at Golden Corral and then made our way to Hobby Lobby.  My in laws had given us all gift certificates to Hobby Lobby for Christmas because they know how much we love that store. 

Here's the thing, when I don't have money to spend, I know exactly what I want and find tons of things I want to take home.  Then there's days like today where I have a gift certificate and couldn't for the life of me find anything I wanted.  It's always like that.  But, one thing that I can never have enough of is yarn, so that is what I bought, some deliciously pretty cotton to add to my yarn stash.  Not sure what I'm going to make, dishcloths for friends and myself?  Cotton Blanket?  Cotton Pillows?  I am so undecided right now.

_MG_1630

When we arrived home, the mail was waiting and my Jasmine was very excited to see a package she had been waiting for.  I have to tell you, I'm so incredibly proud of my children, Curt and I have tried very hard to raise them to be good, honest, compassionate and loving human beings, but you never really know the impact you have on them until they do something for you that completely surprises you.

Jasmine had received a $50 gift certificate from one of her friends, for Christmas.  Instead of spending it all on herself, she bought me that gorgeous necklace above, and before she even thought of getting anything for her.  I am so incredibly touched and proud of my girl, she has such a beautiful heart.  Makes me one proud mama for sure :)

_MG_1620

When we were getting out of the car, we noticed a ton of birds in our yard, just flying around and chirping about.  I dropped off my stuff inside and immediately grabbed the camera.

This guy just sat and watched me for the longest time, not at all worried about me and the big zoom lens in his face, he just stood his ground, watched my every move and didn't budge and inch.  That's the best photo subject to have, I tell you.  They're usually so difficult to photograph because they scare easy and constantly fly from branch to branch, so when you find one that cooperates, it's a good day.

_MG_1621

_MG_1619

And with that, our Saturday came to an end.  I didn't have have to make dinner because we're all pretty stuffed from lunch.

Jasmine is currently asleep in bed, she was up pretty late with Nicholas, playing games and then was up early to go and get her hair done.

Nick is on his laptop playing games, Curt is watching a movie on his computer and I'm in bed, already had my warm shower, have on my comfy jammies and am getting ready to finish this post and watch some TV.

January has come in with a bang for us, new looks, new determination and new goals.  I don't know what is ahead for us, but I'm not going to let it scare me like it did in previous years.

9 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sounds like life is good for you all! Happy 2016. Hope this new year brings many good things to your family!

Mimi G said...

Loved this post. Nothing like spending the day with your daughter..so special. Happy 2016

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I good day is a day with hot tea and a crochet hook.

Stacey Minter said...

Nice post. I hope you and your family have a happy 2016. Nice photos loved them. Have a wonderful Sunday. :)

Crista said...

What a lovely start to a fresh new year! You are determined to blog more fully and often, and I am determined to actually comment on those blogs that I enjoy! You and I share a deep and abiding love of home, family, needlework (cross stitch for me), and a few other important things. God bless you and yours, and thank you for keeping up this sweet little haven on the internet.

Lulu said...

beautiful days you had..what a gorgeous heart jasmine gave you, that is so loving of her..what a beautiful gift you will treasure for always..
love the colors of the yarn, so pretty..loved all the pics..glad you took some time to just charge your batteries..:-) you need to take time to rest now and again..

TheFishie said...

So sweet of Jasmine. Love the new 'dos! Would you consider blogging more about your pressure cooker? I've always been afraid of them be they stovetop or digital but you can't beat the time-saving feature. Happy New Year!

Michelle-ozark crafter said...

I pray a blessed 2016 for you. How very sweet of Jasmine to do that!

Jean said...

Happy New Year! I absolutely love all your beautiful (as always) photos. I'm trying to relish our last couple days of break before we go back to the busy routines.