Monday, January 11, 2016

Happy Homemaker Monday #3 - 2016

Good Monday morning friends, hope you all slept well and are having a nice start to this week before us.

I had a pretty good, relaxing weekend and am ready for the week ahead.  Let's see what is in the forecast shall we?



The Weather:::
31 degrees and cloudy, looks like we'll be staying in the highs of 50's all week long. 


Right now I am:
Sitting up in bed, still in my pj's which are pink and grey and enjoying a cup of vanilla coffee.  Hubby just left for work.

Thinking:
About a few things, what I need to do, what I want to find time to do (crochet) and everything in between.           

On my reading pile:::
Put aside the Christmas books and am not reading anything at the moment, but I did pull out my Pursued by the Shepherd by Karon Phillips Goodman.  


On my tv:::
I recorded a movie from Lifetime this weekend called My Sweet Audrina, but haven't watched it yet.
Need to clear out my DVR list, there are far too many shows on there that I still have to watch.


Something fun to share:::
I've been using Netflix for years, I mean, since it came out pretty much.  I used to do the DVD plan, now I only have the streaming plan, but I've gone back and forth on both a few times.  One thing I didn't know is that there is an alternate streaming list  with secret codes that we don't usually see, but has tons of movies and shows available.  I came across this secret list just this weekend and did share it on my Facebook account, but I'll share it with you all too because it's too good to pass up.


On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Kielbasa Skillet Beans and Rice
Tuesday - Roast Chicken, carrots, potatoes
Wednesday - Freddy's Burgers, Fries
Thursday -  Carlos Mexican Restaurant (have a gift certificate to use)
Friday - Slow Cooker White Bean Soup
SaturdayPortuguese Chicken and Rice, Salad
Sunday -  Turkey Pot Pie


On my to do list:::
One load of laundry
Tidy up (did all the cleaning yesterday)
Homeschool, prepare for the new semester


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Finished a crochet pillow front, now working on the back.  I will come back when it's daylight and show you a picture, it's too dark right now to photograph.  Have also decided I want another Mood Blanket since I sold my last one.  Starting on it today. 



Homemaking Tips:::
So we're at that time of year, you know, the one where you wake up in the morning and there's ice all over your car which makes it a pain before you can go anywhere.  Here's a simple homemade De-Ice for your car.  Just mix it up and keep it in a little spray bottle that you can use whenever the need arises.  Fill the spray bottle about 1/3 of the way with water, then fill the rest with Isopropyl Alcohol.  That is it, nothing more.  Spray on the iced over windows and wait a few seconds, the ice will melt away.  Enjoy!!!!


Looking around the house:::
Pretty clean since I did most of my housework yesterday.  I just want to do some dusting today and I do need to get to the kid's bathrooms as well, but that won't take long.

From the camera:::

January 8, 2016


On my prayer list:::
A few friends with different issues going on at the moment.


Bible verse, Devotional:::
Actually shared this verse on my Facebook page yesterday but thought I would share it here this morning, it's certainly one of those that we should keep on hand at all times.
So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. — Matthew 6:34



11 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Have been thinking about using Netflix and now you have me intrigued so I will be checking that out. Your menu sounds wonderful this week. I am curious what a Freddy burger is? Have a wonderful week and stay warm. Right now I'm glad I didn't get rid of my cold weather clothes.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

We used to have netflix, and now haven't in years. I always think the shows that stream on there look so good! Thanks for the info!

Sounds like you're getting back in the groove in the New Year. Your menu sounds so yummy this week too! ;)

Have a great week my Dear Gal!! xoxo

Liz said...

We love Netflix but had no idea about the secret codes. I'm going to have to check that out.
I can't wait to see your new mood blanket as you work on it. It's no secret I love your work, since I bought the last one. :)
As always, your photos are amazing. Hope you had a nice weekend and have a wonderful week.

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

I'm so curious to check out these "secret codes"! Thanks for the tip.
Roast Chicken has always been and prob always will be one of my very favorite dinners. Not sure what I take more pleasure in - smelling it in roast in the oven or eating it! Enjoy yours!
Have a great week!

Jean said...

My favorite verse! I'll have to give that Netflix trick a try, we love our Netflix over here as well. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Jodi said...

I love the crochet pillow front, so pretty! I never knew about the secret codes for netflix, will be checking those out! Thanks for sharing! Have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

Good barely morning Sandra! I'm joining in for the first time today. I enjoyed reading your post. I'm impressed with your great menu for the week. I'll have to tell my daughter about that secret list on Netflix. Hope you have a wonderful week and I better get moving here or there won't be anything for dinner tonight! Blessings...

Amy at love made my home said...

Happy Monday! Enjoy your crocheting. xx

Joanna Unbehaun said...

You always crochet the most beautiful things, friend! Have a beautiful week!

Kara said...

Love the book of Matthew! :-)

Unknown said...

I haven't had cable or Netflix in years now. Sometimes I miss the Home and Garden channel, but otherwise there wasn't much on there that I can't find free on Hulu. But sometimes it's nice to be able to cozy down for a movie...Beautiful colors on the crochet! That scripture from Matthew is one of my favorites when I worry or am anxious.