Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/11/2015

Good morning my lovelies, how was your weekend?  I had a pretty good one, I would say, quiet and full of packing and stuff related to the move.  In exactly one week from today, the moving trailer will be delivered for me to start loading, and as excited as I am to get it all done, I'm not looking forward to that part.

*sigh*  but it will get done, I've found that I have done things and gotten through situations the past few months that I never thought I would do on my own, or that I was even capable.  Thankfully, and in big credit to the Lord, I've made it through.

Right, let's get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday for today. 

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Had really warm weather this weekend but also a lot of rain, which I love.  The rest of the week doesn't look too bad, but I was looking at next week and there's quite a bit of chance of rain?  Please no, I don't want to load a trailer in the rain hahaha 



Things that make me happy:
Talking to my children, sometimes we all go lay on my bed at night and just chat and I learn a lot of things from them, we laugh, we talk about funny things and serious things.  It's a great bonding moment for all.  


Menu for this week:
Monday - Sloppy Joes
Tuesday - Clam Chowder
Wednesday - One pot sausage pasta
Thursday - Grilled Cheese and Onion Sandwiches
Friday - Chili Dogs
Saturday -Not sure, we will be eating from the pantry and freezer
Sunday -Probably pizza

What's on my TV today:
My Portuguese Soaps
Home Fires


Looking around the house:
I can't even anymore, I'm beyond sick of seeing boxes stacked up against walls, by the door, in the garage and every room.  I'm not one to be able to relax in a chaotic atmosphere so this is making me very stressed at the moment. 


On my To Do List:

Homeschooling
Pull apart Nick's bed and finish packing up his closet
Pack up Jasmine's closet completely


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Nothing really, but I did make some yummy garlic and brown sugar chicken for dinner the other night.  The kids loved it. 


In the craft basket:
Remember the mindless project I wanted to work on?  Yeah apparently it's not so mindless because I haven't been able to pick it up, not even for a single minute. 


Looking forward to this week:
Getting new tires on my car, desperately needs them before the road trip.  Finishing packing up, and being one step closer to reuniting with hubby. 


Tips and Tricks:
Here's a great tip for when you're moving and want to get your driveway cleaned up of oil stains.  And let me tell you, my driveway had HUGE stains from when my car was leaking oil.  Pick up some cheap cat litter, pour it over the oil stain and then get on there with your shoes and rub it and smoosh it into the stain.  It lifts it right off and you're left with a great looking driveway.  That's what I did yesterday afternoon, and now I have a good as new driveway :) 



My favorite blog post this week:
Really didn't get to do any reading, aside from the Happy Homemaker Monday participants last week.  I did enjoy that, it was great being back to reading some of your blogs.  So I don't have a specific blog to refer to you all, just go on to the sidebar and click on any of those, you'll enjoy them, I promise.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Same as the category above, haven't had a chance to really find any new blogs, so for now, I'll just spotlight some of the ones on my sidebar, like Above the River.  Go on and check it out, CJ lives in a small market town in South Gloucestershire.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture):





Lesson learned the past few days:

Life is forever changing, people change, we change and it's up to us to either accept it and move on and make the best of it, or to fight it, be miserable and depressed and negative.  We have to pick what path we take, and it's on us, not on anyone else to make that choice. 

On my mind:
Trying to make sure the kids have everything in school finished this week, I mean, technically we still have next week but it will be in between loading the trailer and by the time night time falls, I doubt any of us will feel like working on school.  Nonetheless if need be, that's what we'll do. 


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Loneliness can cripple a person emotionally and spiritually. Human beings are not designed to walk through this world alone. We are made for relationship, which God gladly supplies. Lest we forget that the Lord is near, He gave the Bible this consistent theme: I love you and I am with you always.



11 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

You're in the home stretch Sandra - yay!! Soon this chapter will be behind you and you'll be all together as a family again. Prayers that all will go as smoothly as possible.

Love that you hang out with the kiddos and lay in bed and talk about everything. Such a great bonding time for all of you. ;)

Hang in there just a bit longer friend and please know I'm sending you warm thoughts and prayers for strength and patience.
xoxo

Dawn Marie said...

Oh you reminded me that I'm making sloppy joes this week too. Forgot to add it to my list. That will be Thursday or Friday. ha ha. Hope you have a great week!

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm so excited for you that it is all coming together FINALLY! It's almost over and you will all be together again in that wonderful country home.

Have a wonderfully productive but peaceful week my friend! Wish I was close enough to help you load that truck.

Jen said...

So close to the move! I can only imagine how excited you are about being reunited with Curt. Praying for safety as you move.

We are in the home stretch with schooling as well. It is so difficult to get them to focus on their work. I cannot imagine adding in a move.

Have a great week!

Laura {a spoonful of joy} said...

I have such fond memories of chatting with my mom just before bed when I lived at home.

Sweet Tea said...

Our move will happen on June 11. No house to go to yet...I totally understand where you're coming from these days. I'd much rather be going to TX than to where we're going -Okla. City aka Tornado Alley. Still, I know God is directing us so this must be where we're to be planted for a while.

Heather said...

I love your picture for no words needed. Simple, and peaceful. :)

Jean said...

Your lesson learned reminds me a bit of that saying, the only constant is change. I think you certainly seem to be handling all the changes and moving with a lot of grace. I hope your move goes smoothly and you are all settled and not seeing boxes very soon. Have a great week!

El blog de Celes :) said...

Hello Sandra! I've written to you twice, have you received my message? Please let me know. Thanks! Have a nice Tuesday :)

CJ said...

Thanks for the mention Sandra, it's very much appreciated. I've enjoyed discovering your blog, and I feel your excitement about the lovely new house and land, I do hope it all goes well. CJ xx

Simply Quaint said...

Wow not long you will all be together again! How exciting to have a womderful home to go to, I can imagine your mind just working on how you're going to transform it into your style can't wait to see.....
Busy busy times......
Blessings
Rhonda