Monday, March 30, 2015

Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/30/2015

Good morning everyone, happy Monday.  I am not sure if I'm quite ready for this week to start, but only for the fact that it means Spring Break is over and we're back at it.  On the other hand though, it means one week closer to moving and being reunited with the hubby, so yay to that.





The weather outside is::::
38 degrees right now and a little nippy, but it's supposed to get to 71 degrees by this afternoon, so that will be nice.  The rest of the week looks pretty much the same so I'm going to enjoy it as much as I can.

On the breakfast plate this morning::::
Just coffee for the moment and I'm not sure how much I'll eat today, my stomach doesn't feel too right so I may go very easy on the meals for myself. 

As I look outside my window:::
Beautiful blue skies and a really bright sun.  There's quite a few cars going by on their way to work, one of the neighbors is mowing their lawn, and there is a sprinkler also going on a house just down the street.  

Right now I am::::
Typing up this post, sitting here on the couch and enjoying my coffee while still in my pjs.  I'm a little cold so I have a blanket over my legs too....oh and the usual snoring Lola next to me. 

As I look around the house::::
The sun is shining and streaming in through the front door window.  I love this time of the day, everything looks so warm and cozy and sleepy.  I was just looking at my gloves/hats/scarves basket in the corner and thinking I need to pack it away for the move, don't really need any of that anymore.

On today's to do list::::
Laundry
Cleaning
Homeschooling
Menu planning and grocery list

Currently reading::::
Running Fire for a book review. 

On the TV today::::

Did you see the new series coming out based on the Lizzie Borden movie/story that just aired a few months ago?  I'm so excited for this one.  The Lizzie Borden Chronicles stars Christina Ricci and will air April 5th on Lifetime.

There's also a follow up to Flowers in the Attic, which was also really good.  This one is called If there be Thorns and also airs April 5th on Lifetime.

On Sky Living there is a new 3 part series which I'm also quite excited about since I love paranormal stuff.  The Enfield Haunting is based on real events that took place in a home in 1977.   There isn't a definite date yet, but it's coming soon.

My Portuguese Soaps - A Unica Mulher, Mar Salgado, Mulheres
The Following - all caught up, new one is tonight and I can't wait
Secrets and Lies - watching this one today

The Haunting of - haven't caught up
Ghost Adventures - haven't caught up
Supernatural - haven't caught up

On the menu this week::::
Working on a menu plan today so nothing yet for this week.  Today we'll be having leftovers to clear out the fridge.  Tomorrow I need to go grocery shopping.


What I am creating at the moment::::
Just stacks of moving boxes....I guess you could say I'm quite busy playing Tetris hahahay


Favorite photo from the camera::::
 



Prayers, Inspirational Quotes or Devotionals::::
We know that we live in him and he in us, because he has given us of his Spirit.
1 John 4:13

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

8 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Good morning sweet Lady!

I'm so envious of your 70 degree days!! That sounds heavenly and then I could actually get to gardening. I just need to wait a bit longer. Sigh. Patience has never been my strong suit. Lol

Hope that your belly feels better and that your week ahead, back to the grind, is a great one!! xoxo

Debbie said...

Lovely weather! We are enjoying some of that today, but it's supposed to snow towards the end of the week.

Hope you have a lovely week Sandra.

Liz said...

Our weather here sounds quite a bit like your weather today too.

I'm so excited about the good stuff coming Lifetime!!! Thank you for posting about it. If it wasn't for you, I'd miss all of the good programming. I haven't seen any of the Following this season. I need to get caught up so badly. I seem to have gotten so behind on all of my tv.

Have a great week. Happy Monday!

threesidesofcrazy said...

Pretty nice here today also, but supposed to drop 25 degrees and storm by tomorrow with possible snow. I am so ready for spring to stay, not come and go!

Have a great week and happy tetris playing.

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Moving again! I am so sorry! Hopefully you will be able to stay in the next house longer...I hope! Well, you are either playing Tetris or Jenga! LOL You always do such a nice job of making any house a home.

Mary said...

71 degrees sounds so wonderful! Add me to those jealous :) It's in the 30s here, we had snow this morning and rain afterward. Lizzie Borden series? I hadn't heard about it. When I was in junior high, we were taken on a school field trip to the Lizzie Borden house in Fall River, MA, that was around when there had been the mini-series about her starring Elizabeth Montgomery had aired on tv.

What I'm looking forward to is the remake of the British series Poldark, which will air in the US in June. I've heard such good things about it from a friend in thr UK.

How is the packing going?

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Hi Sandra, sorry I haven't posted for this in so long, maybe later today I'll add mine. Good to see you, and hope your stomach feels better soon.

Sweet Tea said...

Hope you felt better as the day rolled on. Packing for a move is the hardest kind of "work" in my book. Best of luck with the move. You're gonna love TX!