Monday, February 24, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/24/2014

Good morning ladies, how was your weekend?

Mine was quite uneventful, as usual, and just the way I like it.  I do have a bit of a busy week ahead, but as always I look forward to getting through it with a smile on my face, and I hope you do too.

Come on in and sit with me a little, as I type up my post, I have fresh hot coffee and Pound cake :)



As I look outside my window:::
The most beautiful sunrise.  It's been a while since I've seen it because I've been lazy lately and have been sleeping in until 8am.  It's currently 36 degrees but should reach 57 by this afternoon, and the rest of the week is looking about the same.  I'm so ready for Spring kind of weather :)

Right now I am:::
Drinking a hot cup of coffee, still sitting in my pj's and chatting with hubby as he gets ready for his first day of work.  So excited for him :)

Thinking and pondering:::
On my brother and his family moving out in a few days, and what I'm doing with the house afterwards.  We've only been in this house alone for two weeks before they arrived, so I never really got to set up the house for just our little family.  Will be moving a few things around, adding something here and there etc.  Excited about that!

On my bedside table:::
Looking through the cookbooks from the library as I set up my menu.
Reading The Tattered Quilt by Wanda Brunstetter, and also reading a few books for review.

On my tv tonight:::
Last night's Call the Midwife and The Musketeers.

Listening to:::
Mix 106 Radio

On the menu for this week:::
I don't have the menu in front of me at the moment, and I can't for the life of me remember what I have for Thursday or Saturday.  Goodness!  I'll come back later and edit it.

Monday - Chicken a La King with Mashed potatoes
Tuesday - Creamy Rotini with Ham and Asparagus
Wednesday - Bifes de Cebolada with Rice
Thursday -
Friday - Pepperoni Pizza
Saturday -
Sunday - Baked Beef Ravioli, Garlic Bread

On my to do list:::
Ironing
Homeschooling
Study for Written Test
Wash Tae Kwon Do Gi's

Happening this week:::
Still potty training and babysitting the puppy while mommy and daddy are at work
Starting my Herb Garden
Helping my brother and sister in law prepare for their move

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Working on my Crochet Mood Blanket
Also started a new blanket using a different kind of color combo and loving it already.


My simple pleasure:::
Waking up very early, enjoying the sunrise and the quietness before the day starts. 

Lesson learned the past week:::
That we always make things seem a thousand times worse than they ever are. 

Looking around the house:::
Lola is asleep on my lap with her face ON my laptop LOL  Hubby is getting his paperwork ready for work, Nicholas is upstairs playing on his laptop.  I need to vacuum the carpets and do some dusting today, but other than that, the house is clean.

From the camera:::
The sunrise this morning, so pretty



Prayer List:::
My husband as he starts his new job this week
My brother and sister in law as they move into their own house and prepare for the next chapter in their lives.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13 NIV

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

7 comments:

Conny said...

Hope your hubby has a GREAT day!!! All the best to your brother's family as they move out, too. :)

Have a SUPER week.

Unknown said...

I love your new blog wallpaper! Congrats on your hubby's new job. How exciting! Hope he has a great day, and you as well.
Congrats to your brother and sis-in law as well on their new house. :)
I'm so ready for spring as well. It's so close yet the cold makes it seem so far away. LOL

gillyflower said...

I'm so glad things are working out for you, and so happy for you all that your husband is starting his new job.
You impress me always with how you plan your meals each week! I gave up a long time ago as things never went to plan, and food got wasted which I hate. Now I just decide on the day once I know who will be here for a meal and when, and dependent on what I have in the fridge that needs using up and what i have in the freezer! It was easier when my daughter was young as i knew each day what was happening.
Hope you have a great week Sandra!
Gill xx

Dawn Marie said...

Hoping your all able to adjust to all the new changes taking place and that your hubby has a great first day of work.

Lulu said...

praying everyone adusts well to their new jobs and home...
have a great rest of the day Sandra..
oh love the new blankie colors...

Liz said...

Praying for your husband on his first day of work and for you brother and sister-in-law with their new home. Hope everything goes well for all of you. Sounds like lots of changes are happening for you and your family.

Have a wonderful week!

Felicia said...

What a busy week. Congrats again to your brother and his family as they start their life in their new home.

And good luck on your husbands first day of work.