Monday, February 17, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/17/2014


Good morning my friends, I'm hoping you had a good weekend.  Mine was very good indeed and we were so busy that I feel I didn't step foot in my house for longer than an hour or so.  Craziness!

Alright, let's get on with your Happy Homemaker Monday, hope you have a great week of work and school ahead :)



As I look outside my window:::
Had some sun for a few days but today we're overcast and sitting at 36 degrees.  I do feel that the worst of the winter is finally gone and we can start looking forward to Spring :)
  
Right now I am:::
Typing up this post and waiting for the fire to start warming up.  We've started turning if off  more as it's not as cold, but boy does it get chilly at night.   
 
Thinking and pondering:::
About my driver's written test.  I have to go do that this morning and I think I'm just as nervous as I was when I took it the first time.  LOL  Praying I pass as it's been so long since I first took the test.  
  
On my bedside table:::
Still enjoying all my cookbooks from the library.  Also still reading Love by the Letter by Melissa Jagears on my Kindle.
 
On my tv tonight:::
Not sure, I have such a huge list of shows to catch up on.  Last night I watched the When Calls the Heart movie but was not impressed with the ending at all.  There's nothing I like less, than a movie that ends without really ending or telling us what happened, annoying. 


Listening to:::
The fire crackling

On the menu for this week:::
Monday - Barbecue Chicken, Mac and Cheese
Tuesday - Gourmet Beef Noodle Casserole
Wednesday - Portuguese Oven Chicken and Rice
Thursday - Pasta Alfredo
Friday - Chicken a la King, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans
Saturday - Cheese Burgers, Fries, Onion Rings
Sunday - Beef Curry

On my to do list:::
Take written test to get my Idaho Driver's Licence
Homeschooling

Plans for this week:::
Potty training a 6 week old puppy
Schooling with the kids
Hubby starting new job
Driving kids back and forth to dance and tae kwon do

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Working on my Crochet Mood Blanket

 
My simple pleasure:::

Shortbread, the buttery yummy, melts in your mouth, kind of shortbread. 

Lesson learned the past week::: 
Not myself, but my husband learned AGAIN that when you put your trust in God and let things go, that He comes through in a big way. 

Looking around the house:::
Kids are all still asleep.  My brother is off at work, my sister in law is getting ready to leave for work.  I need to tidy up the living room a bit, and the kitchen. 

From the camera:::
My brother and sister in law's newest family member.  6 week old Jax, a Dachshund puppy.  He is just adorable :)


Prayer List:::
Me, praying that I pass the written test for my licence
My husband as he starts his new jobs this week
My brother and sister in law who are looking at a house tomorrow, hoping it's the one they like

Bible verse, Devotional:::
The greatest in the Kingdom of heaven is the one who humbles himself and becomes like this child.
Matthew 18:4

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

10 comments:

Lulu said...

oooooh i love the puppy..cant wait to see more pics as he grows...
good luck with your test..
have a great day..

Debbie said...

Good luck with your driver's test and with the puppy training!

Congratulations to your hubby on his new jobs.

Have a wonderful week.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Darling puppy! Hope the driver's test goes well. So glad your husband has found a new job! Prayers for success and prosperity for your family. Have a good week.

Jen said...

Cute puppy!! I am so happy your hubby found a job!! I can now move that prayer request over to my answered prayer column in my journal.

The movie "ends" where the series picks up. I'm enjoying the series. BUT it's no Love Comes Softly.

Praying for you as you take the test. Yikes I would not want to do that again.

Wendi said...

I have the When Calls the Heart movie but haven't watched it yet. I am watching the series on Hallmark and do enjoy it.

The puppy is so cute!

Dawn Marie said...

I won't have time to join in today but I wanted to make sure I left a comment to congratulate your hubby on his new job. That's wonderful. All in GOD's timing! The new puppy is so adorable. I love dogs! Have a great week.

Conny said...

lots of new and exciting things going on there ... to include that CUTE puppy ... I'm sure your brother's family will take him with them if they move, eh??!?!? He's so cute though. :)
Hope your hubby has a great start to his new jobs!

Liz said...

Praying all goes well for your brother and sister in law today looking at the house. It's so exciting for them!!! Also, congratulations to them on their adorable little puppy.

I'm so happy for your husband. Hopefully, everything is up hill from here.

Happy Monday!

Mary said...

I must have missed hearing your brother had found a job as well. So happy for your family, Sandra. If any of you are willing to pray for me, I'm having some financial problems, and something I was counting on seems to have fallen through. It shouldn't have, I'm making a call tomorrow as if what I was told today is true, then somebody was being dishonest with me. At any rate, I'd appreciate any prayers.

Mary

Monique G. said...

The puppy is so cute!