Friday, August 09, 2013

God will provide!

 
The hardest part of this transition is the not knowing what is coming around the corner.

Truth is that retirement alone is not enough to live on, so my husband has been actively looking for another job, putting in applications, going for interviews etc.

I could tell you that I'm freaking out, but I really am not, and the reason being that I know we are doing our part and God will provide.  He provides for the birds, why would he not provide for us?

Doesn't make it easier when you are having to learn a new way of life, a new budget, going from two payments a month to one etc.  It's all a big adjustment we are going through, but thankfully we have a lot of faith in the Lord and in each other.

My husband went for a few interviews this week and he has a few more coming up next week.

It's all in the Lord's hands.

Even though this is a huge change for us, I have learned so much and continue to every day.  I could look at it as a terrifying experience, but I choose to look at it as an exciting time, a way to start over and do things differently.

I'm sure there will be days where I may feel a little overwhelmed, and that's ok, as long as I keep reminding myself that "God will provide".

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:19

10 comments:

~Carla~ said...

I agree, Sandra... I'm slowly building up our long term savings to go along with my husbands retirement plan at work, but overall I know God will take care of us and "give us this daily bread" as He always does! :)

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'd like to tell you it gets easier, but it doesn't. It just gets different and all works out through faith. Having kids at home makes it different too. I freaked out more when our youngest was still at home.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I repeat that verse to myself daily. He is faithful and He will take care of you. Have a nice weekend! Twyla

Sweet Tea said...

Great attitude.
Life is an exciting adventure, isn't it?!
You WILL land on your feet, just as you said.
God is faithful.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Sandra, I can totally relate...we have been in your shoes and in fact were in them at the beginning of this summer when my husband left one teaching job that was a considerable distance from home, hoping and praying for one that was much closer. God did provide for us and will provide for you as well. I love your faith and how you are doing all you can then leaving it up to God. You will be in my prayers tonight. Have a good weekend.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh yes, the transitions are an adventure, and sometimes the worries pop up, but I just talk to Jesus and thank Him for His many blessings.

He does provide and He cares deeply for us.

Have a lovely weekend ~ FlowerLady

Renee said...

I admire your faith and attitude! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers.

Susanne said...

Hang in there in trusting God, Sandra! He will provide. I have learnt it is not always in the way I expect or demand but He always comes thru.

Amanda said...

Praying for yall. We have been in the job searching situation before and it is stressful even knowing the Lord will provide. HUGS

Conny said...

Having lived this for 6 months of unemployment and my husband's broken leg, I can truly say YES! God provides all we need.

I still say this as our house hasn't sold and we live in a rental - and it seems impossible if our house doesn't sell soon ... but God will provide.

I will be praying about your husband's interviews!!! Hope he finds a job he loves! :)