Thursday, August 01, 2013

Cooking Thursday HIATUS!

Well, I have decided to put Cooking Thursday on HIATUS until further notice.

I took a small break with it a few weeks ago and thought when I came back I would have more recipes and more participants, but it's really going nowhere, and as much as I love the Cooking Thursday feature I think it's time to put it to rest for a while.

The truth is that when I started this feature back in 2006, there weren't many blogs doing cooking meme's, but since then there has been such a huge influx and seems that every other blog has some sort of weekly recipe/cooking exchange.....so this one has been dwindling for the past few years/months.

I'm not a competitive person, at all, so I don't go out of my way to try and up the ante to beat other blogs or keep up with the Joneses.  It is what it is.

I may return with the Cooking/Slow Cooking Thursday at a later date, I may not, I really am not sure at this moment.

But I wanted to take a moment to thank every single one of you who have over the years shared your recipes and participated, I truly appreciate it :)

Just wanted to come in and let you know what I had decided in case someone wondered why there was no post today.

Have a blessed day,
Sandra
xoxoxoxo

5 comments:

Mary said...

I'll really miss your slow cook Thursdays, hope you bring it back. I thought I'd share this sort of recipe with you, Sandra.

A friend from the Phillipines makes fruit water with melon all the time. I decided to give it a try when I'd over bought some nectarines and needed to use them up before they spoiled. It's so lovely and refreshing, and all sorts of fresh fruit can be used.

2 fresh nectarines
4 cups cold water
2 tbsp. raw cane sugar
Juice of one lime

Place sliced fruit, 2 cups of water, sugar & lime juice in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Pour through a fine mesh sieve, reserving the liquid and discarding the pulp. Stir in remaining 2 cups of water and chill.

Mari said...

Aww - but I don't blame you. I've noticed less interest over at my place too, but then I'll hear verbal comments from people who like the recipes. I'll have to think about this. Thanks for being such a faithful host~!

Deb J. in Utah said...

You have great recipes. Hope you will still share from time to time!

Reginas Cottage said...

hello sandra,
i like your recipe.I hope you will share your wonderful recipe from time to time with us.
have a nice weekend,
regina

Renee said...

I fully understand your decision and I'll miss Cooking Thursdays. I haven't been able to participate much this past year due to work/home/life in general but I did enjoy reading the recipes and visiting the blogs. Thank you so much for all you do! Renee'