Thursday, April 18, 2013

Cooking Thursday - Sausage and Broccoli Skillet


cookingthursday

Good morning, I am actually putting this post up from the testing location. I was unable to connect to blogger this morning from home and thought I may only really get this post up tonight, but thankful I have wifi here :)

Here's today's recipe, easy, quick, and yummy.


Sausage and Broccoli Skillet
Prep/Cook Time: 25 minutes
Serves: 6


Ingredients:

1 1/2 lb. sweet Italian pork sausage, casing removed
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Broccoli Soup (regular or 98% Fat Free)
1/2 cup milk
1 bag (about 16 oz.) frozen broccoli cuts
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
6 cups hot cooked corkscrew pasta
Crushed red pepper (optional)

Directions:

COOK sausage in medium skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is browned, stirring to separate meat.

ADD onion and garlic. Cook over medium heat until tender. Pour off fat.

ADD soup, milk, broccoli and 1/4 cup cheese. Heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and cook 5 min. or until broccoli is tender, stirring occasionally.

TOSS with pasta. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Serve with red pepper, if desired.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Another good recipe to try!
Hope sitting at testing is going well and not too boring.

Mari said...

Glad you got it working! My family doesn't like broccoli, but the rest of this sounds yummy!

Mandi said...

Yum! This looks like a keeper!

Sweet Tea said...

I love a QUICK recipe - Thanks!

Rachel Lynn said...

This looks AMAZING! Might give it a try this weekend!

Heather Ortega said...

We love broccoli-I think my family would really like this.

Susanne said...

This sounds perfect and delicious for one of my busy days where I don't know what to make! Yum!

Jennifer Davis said...

Thans for hosting, I'm your newest follower.

Jennifer @ utahqueenofchaos.com

Lora @ Adventures of an Imperfect Supermom said...

Just tried this tonight.....it was delicious! And even better? All the kids thought so too! Definitely making this one again. Thanks for sharing!