Monday, March 18, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 03-18-2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

Good Morning ladies :)

Happy Monday.  Wishing you all a fantastic week.

I'm sure you noticed I switched out the button above again, I just really love this one and wanted to bring it out :)  You can use whichever button you wish, just check out this post with the rules, the categories and a few buttons.

On to today's list............

The Weather:::
We've been in the upper 90's the past week, but this morning woke up to cloudy skies, 50 degrees and beautiful cool weather.  I'll take it.  I think I'm realizing more and more that I enjoy every kind of weather as long as it's not extreme.  

Right now I am:
Enjoying a cup of Vanilla Biscotti coffee.  I love flavored coffees.  Also watching my hubby get ready for his test, gathering all his books etc.

Thinking:
About my dad.  He sent me a facebook message telling me that one of his very good friends passed away.  He is really sad and it breaks my heart.  I'll definitely miss Alvaro Bronze, he was the kindest man and a very good friend not only to my dad but our whole family.  I am praying for his children and his ex wife this morning, hoping the Lord brings them comfort.

On my reading pile:::
Bible
Cookbooks
Crochet book

On my tv::: 
Still have a few shows to catch up, my list is filling up and I need to find some time to watch them all.  Will probably do that this morning when I am ironing the laundry.

Mr Selfridge
Portuguese Soaps
Call the Midwife
The Railway:  Keeping Britain on Track
Lightfields
Broadchurch
Bates Motel

Favorite Blog post this week (mine or other):::
More Crochet Eggs from Greedy for Colour

Something fun to share:::
Remember my post about Google Reader shutting down?  I mentioned how much I am enjoying Feedly?  I am really, really, really loving it, much more than Google Reader.  So if you're looking for a new blog reader, be sure to check it out.

On the menu for this week:::

Monday - Spaghetti with homemade noodles
Tuesday - Bacon Burgers, Fries
Wednesday - Speedy Goulash
Thursday -  Chicken Broccoli Stir-Fry
Friday - Grilled Steaks, Baked Potatoes, Salad
Saturday - Barbecue Chicken, Potato Salad
Sunday - Roma Burgers on Egg Noodles

On my to do list:::

Laundry - One load to finish, a pile to iron
Homeschooling
Clean Bathrooms
Vacuum
Make a few phone calls

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Struggling a little with crochet.  I have started and ripped out two projects.  Usually I know what I want to make, pick up the yarn and just go for it, but right now, I'm hitting a block.  I think I just haven't found the project I want to make, and as I typed these words it just become clear in my mind.  OH.my word!
I know exactly what I'm crocheting next, for Easter and I can't wait to make it.  YAY!

Homemaking Tips:::
“If you dampen the inside of the dustpan under the faucet before picking up the pile of dust and dirt, the dust sticks to the pan. No sneezing!”

~1962 Heloise’s Housekeeping Hints


Looking around the house:::
Dark, quiet.  I hear the fish tank in the corner and the gurgling of the water is almost therapeutic.  Could easily fall back asleep like this.
There are a few books on my kitchen table that I need to put away, it's where my husband has been studying all weekend.   A few x-box and wii controllers on my ottoman that need to be put back in their rightful place.
Other than that, the house is in order which is a good thing.  Nothing like waking up to a total mess. 

From the camera:::
These two are so cute together :)


2013_03160006


On my prayer list:::
My father who lost a good friend today.
My husband as he test this morning.
My children as we start back up with schooling this morning.
Me, to continue being who I am, to continue loving the Lord, to continue loving my family and doing what I do.  To continue being understanding, to continue not letting negativity affect me and to continue to always, always, always look to the Lord in everything I do.
How often do you pray for yourself?????

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Psalm 64.....
1 Hear my voice, O God, in my prayer:

preserve my life from fear of the enemy.

2 Hide me from the secret counsel of the wicked;

from the insurrection of the workers of iniquity:

3 who whet their tongue like a sword,

and bend their bows to shoot their arrows, even bitter words:

4 that they may shoot in secret at the perfect:

suddenly do they shoot at him, and fear not.

5 They encourage themselves in an evil matter:

they commune of laying snares privily;
they say, Who shall see them?

6 They search out iniquities;

they accomplish a diligent search:
both the inward thought of every one of them, and the heart, is deep.

7 But God shall shoot at them with an arrow;

suddenly shall they be wounded.

8 So they shall make their own tongue to fall upon themselves:

all that see them shall flee away.

9 And all men shall fear,

and shall declare the work of God;
for they shall wisely consider of his doing.

10 The righteous shall be glad in the LORD,

and shall trust in him;
and all the upright in heart shall glory.


21 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Someone else was just telling me about Mr. Selfrige. I need to look that one up! Lovely post. I hope you're having a great day.

Mandi said...

Good morning, Sandra! That coffee sounds wonderful! I've been using my "free" kcup coupons and haven't had a good flavored cup in a while... miss it! Enjoy your day!

Debby said...

Such a beautiful blog. I enjoy it. <><

Heather Ortega said...

Have a good week

Judy said...

Oh I'm loving Feedly too! Prayers are with your dad and his friends family. I would love to have your weather right about now ;)

NITA said...

Prayers for you & the family...Love Aunt Nita

Jen said...

I pray for myself often. Especially lately as I have been feeling so overwhelmed with everything I have to do.

Praying for your hubby. What a rollercoaster ride you guys are on. (((HUGS)))

Liz said...

I am in love with your picture this week. So sweet!

I'll have to check out feedly since I've never really used a blog reader outside of the one on blogger.

I don't find that I pray for myself often, although I probably should. I am praying for you and your family again this week. I'm a bit of a control freak, especially more, the older I get. I don't think I could do this, not knowing about my future. You are a strong and brave woman and I look up to you for that.

Have a wonderful week! I can't wait to hear what happens with your husband's test and promotion.

melanie said...

"The righteous shall be glad in the LORD, and shall trust in him;
and all the upright in heart shall glory."

Love the Psalms!

Sweet pic of a boy and his dog :D

Unknown said...

prayers for your family ... for your husband and dad in particular.
Definitely need to check out the new blog reader ... thanks again for the research on that issue. :)
Conny
www.ordinaryhausfrau.wordpress.com

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm really enjoying Feedly too. I had used Google for so long that I was really upset when I opened the other day and saw their closure notice - it was so reminiscent of when Picnik closed.

Have a fantastic week.

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Love that pic of your son and his dog....love his freckles. He's so cute!

I'm like you. I' like all the weather as long as it's not extreme. I just realized the other day that I really enjoy all the seasons. I can find myself getting excited about each one. We just don't always get much snow and I want some! :)

Have a great week! If I could figure out a way to be part of your Homemaker Monday and still do my Pinned it Made it Monday, I would!

Blessings,
Tammy

Unknown said...

I took you up on your advice about feedly. I'm loving it so far! Thanks so much for sharing. :)
Your menu looks delicious for the week.

Lisa said...

Homemade noodles?! Touch you, girlfriend!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I have been using Bloglovin--is that the same type of thing as Feedly? I will have to check it out. Love the picture of your son and the dog--so cute! I looked at the crocheted eggs on your favorite blog post--cute! I may have to make a few of those myself! I hope you have a great week Sandra!

Christy said...

Your menu sounds especially wonderful! All of the perfect comfort foods. I wish your husband the best on his test - and for the best outcome - whichever is meant to be.

Sandrocas said...

My condolences on the loss of your family friend .
Those cookbooks look so neat! I make that exact recipe for popovers, but we call them yorkshire pudding, great with roast beef dinner.
God Bless

Grandma Shell said...

I really enjoy doing the Happy Homemaker each Monday. It's a great way to take an unbiased look at your life! I also appreciate finding the blogs of fellow Christians. Thank you for offering this opportunity.

Bloomin'Chick Jo said...

I just discovered your blog and Happy Homemaker Monday via Judy over at daily yarns & more! I'm not a stay at home mom but a stay at home wife, if that's alright, I'd like to join in sometime!

Susanne said...

Glad you shared that you're liking Feedly even more than Google Reader. I'm going to switch over as soon as I get a chunk of time to do that.

Such a sweet pick of your boy and his dog!

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Jumping on the train late this week! ;)