Monday, November 12, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #43

Good morning fellow Happy Homemakers :)


I sure do hope you are enjoying your long weekend, I know I am, though we've used it for purging and reorganizing and have been super super busy.


Hope everyone is enjoying their Monday morning.


One quick thing, I've asked numerous times and I don't know if people are just not reading what I write or if they are just choosing to ignore it, I'm hoping it's not the latter.  But, I have asked over and over to NOT link up anything other than Happy Homemaker Monday posts here and still, I spend a lot of time deleting things.


I don't want to be rude, but please be respectful.


Feel free to use :)

The Weather:::
43 degrees at the moment.  I'm shocked even typing that LOL  And I'm cold, like super cold where I'm trying to type and my fingers are frozen.  But it's good.....I LOVE cold weather.

Right now I am:
Sitting at my little desk in my pj's, with warm fuzzy socks.  Drinking some coffee, chatting with hubby and enjoying the quietness.

Thinking:
That I have done SO much this past weekend.  My word, I purged like it was going out of business.  Also thinking that I'm not waiting any longer, my Christmas village is going up TODAY!
 
On my reading pile:::

Susan Wittig Albert Cottage Tales series.  (still)

On my tv:::
Well, I found out merely by accident, that the West Ladies from Homestead Blessings, have this YouTube series called "Homestead Hints,Tips, Recipes and other Blessings".  I can't even tell you how happy that makes me.  

Here is the first one.  



On the menu for this week:::
Payday is on Thursday, so I'll be grocery shopping then.  I have to make the new menu plan, but aside from the Thanksgiving meal, I'll be shopping from the deep freezer and the pantry :)

Monday - Cornmeal Sage Biscuits with Sausage Gravy
Tuesday - Chicken a la King with rice
Wednesday - Creamy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Thursday - Spaghetti w/ Garlic bread
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -

On my to do list:::
Loads of laundry, with being sick last week I fell behind
Catching up on Homeschooling


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Nothing at the moment, need to sit down and see what I need to make and get on it for Christmas

Homemaking Tips:::
I have nothing today, I'm drawing a complete blank. 

Looking around the house:::
House looks more open and spacier (is that a word?). 
Kids are now up and sitting on the couch, snuggled in blankets and talking to dad.  My kitchen needs a little tidying and there are breakfast dishes in the sink waiting to be washed. 

From the camera:::




On my prayer list:::
Friends and family going through tough times right now.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.
Psalm 90:2






6 comments:

Wendi said...

I enjoy The West Ladies. I received a DVD for Christmas last year.

I am also planning to shop from the pantry and freezer. I hope to make it to the first of the year buying fresh produce/veggies & milk only. It would be great to put the grocery money toward Christmas.

Have a great Monday!

Christy said...

Glad you are feeling better. I cannot believe you were colder than we were this morning!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

So glad you're feeling better! Looking forward to checking out the YouTube series you mentioned:) Have a great week Sandra! Hard to believe you are the same temp as we are today!

Andrea said...

Isn't it a good feeling when you get rid of stuff and get organized? I always feel like a weight is lifted off that I didn't know I was carrying.

Mandi said...

Yay for cooler temps! Enjoy! It's VERY chilly here today too, in Iowa. :) Relating with your meal plan - I call it survivor week - we just eat what we have and it gets interesting. Sometimes that just feels good to create something out of nothing, right? :)

Liz said...

I'm so jealous of your weekend. I need to do that so badly.

Yay for lower temperatures. It's chilly here too.

Hope you have a wonderful week!