Thursday, November 29, 2012

Cookies and Cream?

Are you ready to hear something that may shock you?

You sure?

Ok, here goes.

I'm not a cookie fan.  I have to really be in the mood for cookies, so I could have a full cookie jar and not even look it's way.  But then sometimes I get a craving for a good chocolate chip and not just a little bitty cookie but a bigger size one....and then I have to make the said cookies.

November 29

It was one of those days where the craving hit me mid morning and I just couldn't ignore it.

November 29

big blobs of gooey chocolate chip cookie dough

November 29

washing dishes while cookies are baking....the last of the pumpkin pie from Thanksgiving was finished last night

November 29

Mmmmm fresh, hot cookies out of the oven.  I am ashamed to say that I devoured two right away

November 29

but then I craved sugar cookies as well, so out came my cookie press which I have a love/hate relationship with

November 29

here's Nic's cookie, he wanted whipped cream on his and at first I crinkled my nose but then figured "what will it hurt?"....so I popped some on and he ate it and said it was delicious

November 29

and the reason for my love/hate relationship....these flat sorta flowery looking cookies that drive me bananas, but who cares, they tasted amazing regardless of how they looked

November 29

Ahhhh my cookie jar is overflowing with cookie goodness.  You know looking at my cookie jar today I made the decision that when we get our own house next year, I'm going to use this cookie jar as inspiration for my kitchen color scheme

November 29

to counter all that sweetness, I fixed veggie pizza for dinner....it's sorta like going to the drive thru of McDonald's and ordering a super size meal with a diet coke....yep, like that  hahahaha

November 29

Weird, looking at the cookie photos makes me crave another, but I won't cave, I'm going to fight the urge, I really don't need anymore of those cookies in my body.



2 comments:

Debby said...

Yummm, the cookies look so good. I have a hard time passing up on a cookie or 2 or 3. The only good thing to me about a cookie press is they make small cookies!! Helps the waistline a little

TheFishie said...

I want a cookie now! Baking bread at the moment, so cookies will have to wait. Love your snowy banner, btw.