Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sometimes you have to take it easy

I will tell you right now that I can't sit still.

The worst thing you can do to me, is to tell me to sit down, take it easy, and not worry about housework or cooking or cleaning.  I have the hardest time with this, to the point where I'm sitting down and almost want to panic because I feel so guilty of doing nothing LOL

Crazy isn't it?

Well I was forced to sit back and relax today.

Two days ago, I cleaned out and reorganized the storage shed.  I don't recall hurting myself, I don't recall bumping or pinching or anything.  But, the truth is that for the past two days since I did that cleaning, my right hand has really been hurting me.

I have a bit of a bruise on the palm of the hand, right under my index finger bone and anytime I try to grab something, any amount of pressure on that bone/area hurts.  It's started radiating to my whole hand and wrist area.  I know it's not broken but I'm not sure what I did.

Anyway, long story short, I have been yelled at by my family to stop, to take it easy, to NOT do anything with this hand.  Ugh!   Struggle, I tell you LOL

But I've been trying really hard to take it easy today.  So here's just a little peek at what my Saturday consisted of.

:::::  first thing this morning, I got beef in the dehydrator for some beef jerky
2012_08250006


:::: typical weekend around here, there's kindle reading, snuggling with crochet goodies, games etc
2012_08250010


:::: sat outside and enjoyed the blue skies, green leaves and water drops flying from the sprinkler
2012_08250015


:::: still enjoying pretty flowers inside
2012_08250018


:::: after lunch trip to the library, and these are my finds.

Jane Austen and her World by Marghanita Laski
Out of this world - A woman's life among the Amish by Mary Swander
I was Jane Austen's best friend by Cora Harrison
Pies and Prejudice by Heather Vogel Frederick
The Goodbye Season by Marian Hale
Book of a Thousand Days by Marian Hale
The Man who Loved Pride and Prejudice by Abigail Reynolds


::::  After returning home, I was ordered, and yes I mean ORDERED to the living room, to the couch and told to not get up.  My wonderful husband and daughter fixed dinner.
2012_08250031


::::They made spaghetti, they made garlic bread and salad, and it was soooooo good.
2012_08250024


My hand is still kind of throbbing. I'm wondering if I didn't pull a muscle somehow.

Funny though, it doesn't hurt to type, only if I put pressure on it. Oh well, I'm sure it will be well soon :)

Just to let you know, starting Monday, I'll be back to my daily photo posts. I sure have missed those :)

I'm off to read a little, watch some TV with the family and maybe get an early night's sleep.

God Bless,



10 comments:

Anita Philipps said...

Prayers for a quick healing.

Unknown said...

missing ur daily posts ! :)

Unknown said...

missing ur daily posts ! :)

Anita said...

Aww I hope you feel better soon! Sounds like a well rounded Saturday though!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Hope your hand is much better soon. I would say you are being well taken care of.

FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

I hope your hand gets better quickly and you have such a lovely family to support you and tell you to rest :)

Tina Leigh said...

I hope it's nothing serious. Looks like you have a fine working crew to take over while you rest. Enjoy!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Sure hope your hand is feeling better soon! But it's a blessing to have such a thoughtful family that's telling you to take it easy! So sweet!

Tammy

Andrea said...

I know that panicky feeling! I can't lift anything since I'm recovering from my c-section, and I have never had such an overwhelming desire to vacuum. I feel better when I'm taking care of business. Hope you feel better soon.

Kris Kelley said...

I'm someone else who has to be "ordered" to slow down or put my feet up! LOL! Just love the sweet picture of Daddy & Daughter preparing supper - SO beautiful! Feel better soon!