Thursday, June 07, 2012

Cooking Thursday

Hi there, I can't believe it's Thursday already this week is just flying by, and I'm thrilled with it. 

Usually I complain that time is going to fast, but right now, given the circumstances, I am one happy girl LOL

Anyway, onto today's Cooking Thursday. 


cookingthursday
If you want to use the picture, just click here for the original.

I mentioned these pancakes the other day.  They are SO delicious, I can't wait to make them for my honey.



Cinnamon Bun Pancakes

Cinnamon Bun Pancakes


1 1/2 cups flour
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
2 Tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup melted butter
1 Tablespoon vanilla

Put all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.  Whisk the dry ingredients together.

Cinnamon Bun Pancakes

Add the wet ingredients and whisk together until well combined.

Cinnamon Bun Pancakes

Preheat a griddle or large saute pan over medium heat.  Cook until brown on both sides.


To make the frosting:
1 cup confectioners sugar
2 Tablespoons melted butter
2 tablespoons milk

Whisk the ingredients together until smooth and a pouring consistency.  If too thick add more milk, if too thin, add more sugar.

These pancakes are the perfect way to start a day.  Make some and share them with someone you love.







7 comments:

Carva said...

Sandra, I'm excited to find your blog! I'm not a stay-at-home mom, but I try hard to still be a good "homemaker" even though I work outside the home each day. My recipe link for today is a diabetic-friendly chocolate eclair cake. It is super-yummy! I'm looking forward to visiting your blog regularly.
Carva
www.thebusymomsmenuforlife.blogspot.com

Carol said...

Goodness those sound delish!

Heather Ortega said...

Those pancakes look amazing!

Stacy said...

I have made those before...and they are DIVINE. I wish I had some right now. They're a huge hit around our house. :-) I first heard of them from The Pioneer Woman.
Thanks for hosting! I've linked up my post for Brownie Pie.

~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

Mari said...

They sound wonderful! We'll have to try them soon.

Lois Christensen said...

I joined! These look amazing!

jessiev said...

Oh my! They look so delicious! I'm def going to make them for my guys!
Thanks!