Monday, December 12, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cold, gloomy, but I absolutely love it :)


Things that make me happy:  
My husband


Book I'm reading:
The Betrayal by Diane Noble.  I was sent the book for review and have just started it but really enjoying it so far, has anyone read The Brides of Gabriel series?  This is #2.


What's on my TV today:  
I have absolutely no idea.



On the menu for dinner:
Butternut Squash Soup


On my To Do List:
Won't even bother changing this list, I have exactly the same things going on today LOL
Homeschooling
Sweep and mop
Iron
Christmas gifts


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Not really a new one but I love it :)  Quick French Dip Sandwiches

Quick French Dip Sandwiches

In the craft basket:
Lots of Christmas gifts and crazily enough I'm adding a few more today......I've obviously lost my mind.


Looking forward to this week:
Getting that one step closer to Christmas.  I plan on watching a lot of Christmas movies which finishing up some Christmas gifts.


Tips and Tricks:
Don't really have one this morning


My favorite blog post this week:
Not even going to bother trying to explain this one, I just simply haven't gone to Google Reader in forever. 


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
See above.....


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
Our musical light show trees in the yard :)  There is something magical about Christmas lights and night time :)

2011_12100023

 
Lesson learned the past few days:
To trust my instincts, to stop doing something that is out of my comfort zone just because others are fine with it.  If  I'M not feeling it, then I shouldn't be doing it.  Right?


On my mind:
Gifts, crafts, planning, doing


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
1 Peter 4:8

14 comments:

Mary said...

I sometimes like gloomy days too. :)

Have fun making your Christmas gifts! I still have some to make as well. I'm trying not to get overwhelmed but Christmas is just coming up so fast!

Have a great week

Heather said...

Don't worry, I think we all lose our minds at Christmas time LOL. Love your Christmas trees, beautiful photos as always!
Wishing you many blessings this week!

Heather

My Mad World said...

Love the picture! Yes, gloomy days can be great!!

Have fun making your Christmas gifts! I too have to finish some up and then I keep finding new things I want to add! I think I am losing my mind as well!!! :)

Have a blessed week!!

Love the verse! Amen!!

Anonymous said...

HI.. I know I haven't been commenting lately but I do still follow your blog.. love all the recipes and gift making idea's and thought of you when I blogged a recipe this morning.. thought you might like to add it to your gift making list.. check it out..
Do you still have that lovely lemon tree in your yard? I wish we could have one here.. you're so lucky :)

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and your lovely family
Pat

~Carla~ said...

Always love your beautiful photos!! Especially your food pics! Yum! lol! I hope you'll share photos of your Christmas crafts!! :)

Lara said...

Have a blessed week Sandra. I always enjoy reading your blog. And looking at your pictures.

Andrea said...

We share a love of gloomy days. It's sprinkling here (that's a downpour in San Diego) and I'm loving it!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. I've read both the Brides of Gabriel books and they are really good!

Have a wonderful week!

Julie said...

I wish it was COLDER here!

Life At The Castle said...

sandwich looks yummy! of course I've starved because I've not gotten to go eat lunch yet. :-(

Liz said...

I love the gloomy days when it's cold but if the temperature is nice, I want it nice and sunny so we can spend time outside. Love the picture of the Christmas lights. So beautiful.

Jen said...

I don't mind the cold days...but I do like having the sunshine.

Love your Christmas lights.

Blessings!!

Susanne said...

I can't believe we haven't watched a Christmas movie yet this year. Going to have to remedy that!

Susanne said...

BTW, I watched "Miss Potter" last week. I think you'd really like it!