Monday, November 21, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }

Good Morning everyone. Time for another Happy Homemaker Monday, hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their week :)



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Nice and cool, it's really making me excited for the holidays :)


Things that make me happy:  
The thought of Thanksgiving just around the corner.


Book I'm reading:
The Love Affair of an English Lord by Jillian Hunter


What's on my TV today:  
Hart of Dixie
Kirstie's Handmade Britain
 

On the menu for dinner:
Tomatillo and Cilantro Chicken Enchiladas


On my To Do List:

Homeschooling
Housework
Getting ready for Thanksgiving


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders

Baked Ham and Cheese Sliders


In the craft basket:
Ripple blanket
Personalized Candles
Mug Cozies


Looking forward to this week:
Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving


Tips and Tricks:
Did you know that a mason jar will fit into your blender?????  I didn't know it either, but Pinterest is like a fountain of information.  Apparently if you just screw the blade portion onto the mason jar where the lid fits, it works perfectly.  I'm going to have to try that.


My favorite blog post this week:
I didn't read any blogs last week, come to think of it, I don't think I have in the past two weeks.  Yikes.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Likewise, haven't found anything new, but I really do miss blog hopping, I will try to find some time this afternoon for that :)


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):



Lesson learned the past few days:

That the holidays are only stressful if you make them that way.  There is no need to go ALL out, to put unnecessary expectations on yourself or others.


On my mind:
Thanksgiving


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship.
– Romans 12:1 (NIV)

8 comments:

Julie said...

I love your photo of snow!!!!

Mary said...

Those sliders look really good! I am hope guys have a great Thanksgiving. :)

Jen said...

Love the picture of the snow. I so long for snow. We have not had any here yet!

Your scripture goes right along with mine! As well as the post I just finished about my diagnosis this week.

Have a great Thanksgiving!! This is our first one with just the 5 of us. Really looking forward to it!!

Lara said...

Have a great Thanksgiving Sandra!

Amy @ Heritage Homemaker said...

We are having your sliders for dinner Wednesday. Where is that gorgeous photo from?

Liz said...

That photo is gorgeous! I love the snow as long as I don't have to go out in it. I hate snow driving!

You are so right about the holidays only being stressful if you let them be. We have cut down our holidays to smaller family functions. It mostly started because of my son's peanut allergy and a lot of people making a lot of food and not knowing what's safe for him and whatnot was extremely stressful and scary. Now we only do food functions with a small group and it's so laid back. I do like to take on the bulk of the cooking responsibilities, but only because to me, cooking is fun and relaxing, while my mother in law doesn't really like to cook.

Tomatillo and cilantro chicken enchiladas sound amazing! Now I'm craving chicken enchiladas and the tomatillo sweetness. Thanks a lot, haha!

I love the cute idea for the personalized candles. Thank you for posting how to do that. I think that would be the perfect gift for my children to do for their grandparents.

Andrea said...

The holidays will come wether we stress or not. I choose not.

Nicole Gamble said...

Interesting post, I am so glad that I have visited your site. Such a wonderful time reading this.