Monday, October 17, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Got a little warmer last week again and we're going to keep with the 90's.  I guess I should just be thankful that we're out of the triple digits right?


Things that make me happy:  
Learning about new things, we're never too old


Book I'm reading:
Back to The Shape of Mercy :)


What's on my TV today:
Not sure yet, but I'm thinking some more Period Drama.
By the way if you love Downton Abbey and want to watch the new Season, you can do so at this link, all new five episodes are up :)

On the menu for dinner:
Chicken and Mushrooms, Corn Casserole


On my To Do List:

Laundry
Homeschooling


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Marmelada or Quince Marmelade.  This is one of my favorite things to eat and it's been years because Quince fruit is not very easy to find here in the States but luckily enough, I found it at my local Walmart.

Marmelada

In the craft basket:
Cover for my toaster
Fabric Bookmarks
Ripple blanket for my Ripple Along with Lucy and Heather


Looking forward to this week:
Getting back into schooling and starting French, Robotics and Home Life


Tips and Tricks:
When I'm dicing vegetables I always dice it all even if I don't need it for the recipe, then I just plop them into ziplog baggies and keep them in the fresh for another recipe or for a quick soup.


My favorite blog post this week:
No blog reading last week, come to think of I didn't get too much blog/computer time during Fall break, and that is a good thing :)


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Funky Monkey


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Ripple blanket


Lesson learned the past few days:

To soak in every moment you have with your loved ones.  It's been a week of watching friends of mine having to deal with loss, family, friends, people they love and it's heartbreaking.


On my mind:
Praying for my friend Rose who lost her sister
Praying for my friend Lori who lost a friend
Praying for all of those out there suffering a loss at this moment


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."
Luke 18:27

No comments: