Monday, September 19, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Enjoyed a week of cooler temps but we're back to the heat again.  It's always around this time of the year that I really start missing Idaho.






Things that make me happy:
Sewing, sewing and more sewing


Book I'm reading:
The Union Quilter's by Jennifer Chiaverini.  Loving it so far.


What's on my TV today:

Eureka
Warehouse 13


On the menu for dinner:
Drunken Pork Chops and Baked Zucchini Fries


On my To Do List:

LaundryMop floors
Homeschooling


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Not new to me, but a few I posted on the food blog.  Chocolate Chip and Banana Pancake Squares, Roast Chicken and Beef, Banana Peppers and Provolone Sandwich.



In the craft basket:
Lots of yummy fabrics to sew neat projects with
Blooming Pillow


Looking forward to this week:
More sewing


Tips and Tricks:
I am drawing a complete blank here, sorry LOL


My favorite blog post this week:
Pois Cafe e Alfama - Aahhhh this was like a trip down memory lane for me.  It really makes me miss Portugal :)


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
After Hours -  Love this blog :)


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2011_09140008




Lesson learned the past few days:

That I'm DONE trying to please people.  I come first, my kids come first, my husband comes first and that's just how it is.  I'm tired of worrying about what other people think about me, it's not my problem how others perceive what I say or do.  Enough is enough, I am who I am.  God loves me and that is all that I care about.


On my mind:
Christmas....yes I know a little early, or is it?  Gifts, homemade gifts, who and what to buy etc.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
A fool's lips bring him strife, and his mouth invites a beating.
Proverbs 18:6

No comments: