Monday, September 12, 2011

{ Happy Homemaker Monday }




The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cooler temps finally, had some rain Thursday night which felt so good and supposed to have some more this week. 




Things that make me happy:
A good rain shower


Book I'm reading:
The Queen's Governess by Karen Harper (Taking place during the court days of King Henry VIII, opens with the beheading of Anne of Boleyn and Katherine Ashley watching, then goes on to how Katherine came to be a waiting woman to Anne and a tutor to her daughter Elizabeth)


What's on my TV today:
Last episode of The Promise
Eureka
Warehouse 13


On the menu for dinner:
Crockpot Grinders


On my To Do List:

Usual house cleaning
Changing of bed linens
Mop floors
Homeschooling


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

 
2011_09100011

 
In the craft basket:
Amigurumi animals
Patchwork Placemats
Blooming Pillow


Looking forward to this week:
Some much needed and welcomed rain and getting my big order from the butcher on Wednesday (time to stock the freezer)


Tips and Tricks:
Is it cheaper to buy a whole new blender or just replace that busted blender jar? Until you figure that one out, you might try this: Many detachable blade assemblies screw right onto a mayo jar or a small-mouth Mason jar. Don't fill it by more than half, though, and as with any regular blender, avoid very hot liquids.


My favorite blog post this week:
Late Summer at Tabiboo


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Our Wee Farm


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2011_09080033



Lesson learned the past few days:

That sometimes it's ok to step out of my comfort zone.  To be totally honest I'm actually quite shy and I don't feel comfortable meeting new people, so when I do step out of that zone it's a big thing for me.  Going to the homeschool group was huge because it definitely pushed me to open up a bit and talk with people I had never met before......does it mean I will go every week, no, because I don't like feeling like I have to go and we do have quite a busy schedule as it is, so I have to tell myself that it's OK to trust my instincts and to go when I can and be ok with not feeling guilty if I don't.   This socializing thing is a pain in the behind if you ask me LOL


On my mind:
September 11 and all that transpired


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full."
Matthew 6:2

No comments: