Saturday, August 13, 2011

Saturday Night

Do you remember the time when Saturday nights were the biggest thing on earth???

The anticipation of waiting all week, pushing and plodding through school or work because you knew that when Saturday night rolled around you would be dressing up, hanging with your friends and going out to party.

Yep, I remember those days vividly actually but to be honest with you, even just the thought of those nights now makes me tired and cranky and I feel like my head would explode if I ever were to be put into the middle of a noisy loud club.

I've come so far since those nights.....cause nowadays, instead of high heels and tight jeans, it's shoeless and wearing my Cath Kidston PJ's.

2011_08130004

Instead of Tequila or Rum and Coke, the only thing I'm guzzling is hot tea.........

Instead of crazy, loud, partying girlfriends.....it's a snorting furry girlfriend named Lola, and sometimes to make it really party like I will turn to her and start loudly singing "Her name is LOLA, she was a show girllllllllll, With yellow feathers in her hair and a dress cut down to there. She would merengue and do the cha-cha". HA!

2011_08130008

It also used to be that if I was not out having fun with my friends, I would be laying on my bed with a diary in hand and drawing random scribbly pictures or "Sandra loves _______" whoever the crush of the moment was on paper.

Now....this is more my style

2011_08130009

Writing menu plans and grocery lists, budgets and bills to be paid. 

Yep, my Saturday nights have completely changed but you know what?  I'm fine with it, cause that's how I roll. 

Oops, it's 9:01pm, I'm usually fast asleep by now, guess I stayed up late *snort* 

I really am a rebel aren't I????

No comments: