Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ooohhh Ooohhhh

I've been busy around here, not just with normal life stuff but crochet stuff and I'm so in love with this next project that I've literally been dragging this around with me and getting in some hooky goodness done at every chance I get.

Want to see what I'm doing?

Cath Kidston inspired blanket

I am finding inspiration from my new Cath Kidston mugs, the only color I'm not using is the yellow, I bought the yellow yarn and then didn't like how it looked, much preferred these colors alone.

Cath Kidston inspired blanket

It's going to consist of 6 rows of 5 squares each and then a border around and it will be big enough for a lap blanket.

Cath Kidston inspired blanket

So far I have 15 squares and need another 15, but I'm so thrilled, I've made all these in the span of 2 hours in one night and 3 hours yesterday, so not bad.

Cath Kidston inspired blanket

I am not using any particular pattern, just making a simple granny square. 

Cath Kidston inspired blanket

I've found that it's easier for me to set them out and see how they'll go together and then as I finish the rows, I just label them so I know what goes where.  I may end up changing a few around once I put it all together, but for now this is how it's going to go.

So thrilled, I have to tell you that I have about 3 blankets started but I've picked such intricate patterns for the others that it will take me a long time to finish, so having this one that works up so fast is really motivating me to keep going and I do want this blanket to be finished so I can take it with me on vacation in about a week :)

What do you think?  And are you also making any crochet blankets or have any other projects that are sitting in your crafts basket waiting for you to pick it up again?  Please tell me you do so I don't feel so bad for having so many sitting around LOL

No comments: