Friday, June 17, 2011

Hot Friday

Man is it hot here already.

106 degrees, and we're only in June, this means by July we'll be melting puddles on the sidewalk.  Lord help us.

I spent today pottering around the house and finishing up my little crochet project.  I love following a pattern but sometimes I just want to pick up the crochet hook and yarn and wing it, just see what happens.

This is what I ended up with, I made it over the span of two days, crocheting about an hour or two a night.

2011_06170033

Inspired again by Cath Kidston colors.  I just love this color combination.

2011_06170028

I made it big enough to fit my laptop, mouse and power cord....super cute :)

2011_06170031

But it may also become one of my Yarn bags to carry around with me at all times.

2011_06170034

I also got some cooking done around here and if you haven't had a chance to go over and take a peek at my food blog, here's what you're missing.

Orange Jelly Roll - Torta de Laranja


Torta de Laranja

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas

Homemade Twix Bars

Homemade Twix Bars

I'm sure at least one of those will have your tummy rumbling.

Now I'm off to enjoy some time with my hubby who came home early from work.  He really is my other half and I feel so incomplete when he's not around.  Love him to death :)

Have a great night everyone and a wonderful weekend!

No comments: