Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sun Tea

Summer is definitely just around the corner.

We've had high temperatures of 100 degrees and it feels wonderful outside, which means we're spending more time wearing flip flops and shorts, reading out on the patio, embracing the warm sun rays and taking in the sweet scent of flowers as they start blossoming around us.

But it also means we're thirsty, thirsty for something cold and yummy that will quench our thirst while screaming out that Summer is truly here.

Don't know about ya'll, but we love some good old Sun Tea.

I think what I like the most about it is that I don't have to do much work at all, I throw the water in the pitcher, I add the tea bags and I set it out on my patio table in the sun, then walk away for an hour or two.

So, here's how I make mine.....

Water
6 bags of tea (I just buy those cheap boxes that have 100 in them)
Sugar to taste

Fill a 2 quart container with water, add the tea bags and then put the lid back on.

2011_04130005

Set outside in direct sunlight for about 2 or 3 hours, it will depend on how strong you like your tea, we don't like ours very strong, so just go with what works for your family.

2011_04130006

When done, remove the tea bags, add sugar to taste and stir well.

2011_04130010

Place the lid back on and pop it into the refrigerator, OR, you can do we do because we love it and don't want to sit there and wait for it to chill. We pour ourselves a glass and add some ice.

2011_04130014

I like adding a slice of lemon to mine too.

2011_04130015

This is by far the tastiest sweet tea you can have, trust me. Best part is that you can make a fresh batch whenever you need it, matter of fact, I just made this one and it's already nearing the bottom, time to go put another one out in the sun :)

Enjoy!

No comments: