Monday, April 18, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday - #13 - 2011

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
It's going to be another hot one, it's 7am and already 92 degrees.


Things that make me happy:
Enjoying life with my family


Book I'm reading:
The Rebellion of Jane Clarke by Sally Gunning


What's on my TV today:


Paranormal State New Season
Edwardian Farm
Game of Thrones 


On the menu for dinner:
Pork Chops


On my To Do List:

Homeschool
Laundry


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Not new to me, but one of my favorites that I made this weekend.  Bitoque (Portuguese Steak)


In the craft basket:
Mini Hexagon pillow
Crochet Flower Pictures


Looking forward to this week:
Getting homeschooling done and almost finished for the year.  As it stands, we'll be completely finished by the end of April :)


Tips and Tricks:
To remove those tough stains from the bottom of a glass vase, just fill with water and add two Alka-Seltzer tablets!



My favorite blog post this week:
I got semi caught up on my blog reading, but honestly, I can't remember a single one that stood out, or maybe it's because there were so many that I just can't remember what I read LOL


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Shining Egg



No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2011_04130014




Lesson learned the past few days:

That I'm getting old LOL  No really, I used to laugh at my parents and grandparents when they would sit on the ground and attempt to get up again, the grunts and moans, I thought it was funny.  Now, not so much.  Ridiculous really the amount of work it takes for me to get up from the ground once I've sat down....come on one, I'm only turning 37 in August, I should not be having these issues LOL


On my mind:
Just family, still praying for my father and stepmother's situation and for my brothers during this time.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. – John 12:25-26 (NIV)

No comments: