Monday, March 28, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday - #12 - 2011

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Had a beautiful weekend with warm weather, the kids even got to play in the sprinklers :)


Things that make me happy:
Being a mom


Book I'm reading:
A Fierce Radiance by Lauren Belfer - For an upcoming review, it's very interesting already.
The Bridge of Peace by Cindy Woodsmall - new one for review, I am just LOVING it, it's so good.

What's on my TV today:

Being Human on Syfy
Five Mile Creek Season 1
Homestead Blessings

On the menu for dinner:
Galinha no Forno com arroz (Portuguese Chicken)


On my To Do List:

Iron and put away Laundry
Wash the floors
Homeschooling



New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan

Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan


In the craft basket:
Mini Hexagon pillow
Crochet Flower Pictures


Looking forward to this week:
Starting our blackouts.  I got the idea from my sweet friend Jen and when I mentioned it to the family, they were ALL for it.  One hour a day, with NO tv, NO computer, nothing electronic being turned on. 


Tips and Tricks:
Involve your children in the housework.  It doesn't have to be boring for them, make it fun.  My kids enjoy dusting, vacuuming, gardening, watering the plants etc.  We give them special rewards too, never monetary, but it keeps them motivated :)
 


My favorite blog post this week:
Nothing, did not get around to reading anything.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Sorry, same thing, was supposed to catch up last week and then ended up not getting around to it.  UGH.  But like I said, I'm finally BACK and I'm going to remedy that immediately :)


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
Just knowing that I'm actually GROWING things is making me so happy :)

2011_03270064




Lesson learned the past few days:

Not really one learned, but a simple fact that was reiterated for me.  You don't have to spend money to have a good time with your family.  There are so many free places to go and enjoy the day, even if just an hour or so walking around a store like Cabelas, or going to a park and having a picnic, going for a drive in the country, playing in the sprinklers, doing gardening, whatever it is.....enjoy the time with your family :)


On my mind:
Homeschooling - we have AIMS testing coming up soon.
Housework - have lots to do and really don't want to do anything today


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name. – Exodus 20:7

No comments: