Monday, February 28, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday - #8 - 2011

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Supposed to get to 64 degrees this afternoon, guess we're starting to warm up.


Things that make me happy:
Being done with this move and having my home back


Book I'm reading:
These Is My Words by Nancy E. Turner - almost finished, been loving it


What's on my TV today:
Pretty Little Liars on TV tonight

Being Human on Syfy
Want to rewatch The King's Speech


On the menu for dinner:
Crispy chicken sandwiches, potato wedges


On my To Do List:

Homeschooling
Change of Address on a few more things
Finish the grocery list
Wash the floors


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
French Dip Sandwiches - filling and delicious

2011_02250010


In the craft basket:
 Knitted and crochet gnomes
Easter Crochet chickadees, can't wait to show you all
African Flower Blanket


Looking forward to this week:
Doing NOTHING, just relaxing and taking it easy, letting my body heal and slow down after the grueling move.


Tips and Tricks:
For wood laminate floors, do NOT use cleaners, they will streak and ruin the finish.  A simple solution of warm water and vinegar does an excellent job.  It's what I'm using on my wood laminate floors in this house.




My favorite blog post this week:
No blog reading, didn't have time to.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Our Wee Farm - What a great blog, love the photos though I have to say that if you do pop on over, the very first photo in the latest post may make you wonder if I've lost my mind sending you over there LOL   Just ignore that first photo LOL


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2011_02210007




Lesson learned the past few days:

That just because something worked a few years ago doesn't mean it will now.  Things change, people change and I shouldn't fight it, I should just embrace what is to come.  Over the past 2 or 3 years I have really started feeling that my body is changing, that I'm getting older and that there are pains in places I didn't know exist....and I've been fighting it and getting really frustrated and sad in a way.  I've decided to stop, I've decided to embrace what every day brings me, to accept that I'm not who I used to be 10 years ago, or even 2 years ago and there's nothing wrong with getting older because no matter what my body may say or do on the inside, it's my spirit that counts.


On my mind:
So many things and I don't know how to put it all into words, it's just a jumble right now.  I can say that it's a mixture of the normal day to day business and a few new things thrown in


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

“We live by faith, not by sight.”
-2 Corinthians 5:7
Sometimes God asks us to believe when there’s no evidence that we should, except for His steadfast faithfulness. Walk by faith and not by sight. He will never lead you astray and what He has in store for you and those in your sphere of influence is far beyond what you could conjure up yourself.

No comments: