Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday - #4 - 2011

What a crazy busy week we had last week all culminating in a trip to the ER for a sick little boy with Pneumonia.  

I'm hoping for an uneventful, quiet week!

On with today's Happy Homemaker Monday, and please do remember to link directly to your HHM post and not to your main blog, it makes it hard to find the post that way :)

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
We seem to be over the cold weather and actually hitting the 70's some days.  Feels just perfect outside.


Things that make me happy:
May sound very simple, but, watching one of my children's fevers break when they've been so sick.  There is nothing like that moment when you're a mama :)


Book I'm reading:
The Shelter of God's Promises by Sheila Walsh
Born under a Lucky Moon by Dana Precious


What's on my TV today:
Pretty Little Liars on TV tonight
Lark Rise to Candleford Season 4 Episode 3


On the menu for dinner:
Crazy Pizza Bread - recipe will follow on Full Bellies, Happy Kids.  BTW, did you know that Full Bellies is now on facebook too?  You can follow the food blog if you wish :)



On my To Do List:

Sweep and Mop
Post office to mail off a book
Take Nicholas to the pediatrician for his follow up after the ER visit


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Sicilian Meatloaf - meatloaf rolled jelly roll style and filled with ham and cheese


In the craft basket:
African Flower Crochet Blanket
Crochet Votive Candle jars


Looking forward to this week:
My baby boy feeling better.  I hate to see him uncomfortable and having Pneumonia and HIVES as a side effect from the infection is just brutal.  Hoping for a good week.


Tips and Tricks:
I can't think of a single thing today, sorry about that  LOL



My favorite blog post this week:
No blog reading last week, honestly did not have the time


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Bluebirdbaby - Just recently found this blog and loved it, haven't had a chance to really sit down and go through it but I can't wait to do so.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Science: Day and Night



Lesson learned the past few days:

That you can get hives as a side effect to a viral and bacterial infection, even something like pneumonia.  I am sure a lot of you knew about this already but I feel like I've been living in the boondocks.  I had NO idea. 


On my mind:
My sick little one.  Going to talk to the doctor today and see about getting him tested for allergies.  Arizona has been absolutely dreadful to him when it comes to allergies and colds etc.  Just so tired of this place and pray every day for orders out of here.  Please keep my little boy in your prayers, he is miserable with his pneumonia and hives.  :(


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever.
1 Chronicles 16:34

No comments: