Monday, January 10, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday - #2 - 2011

What a busy week I've had, feels good to come back to another Happy Homemaker Monday and kinda jot down all my thoughts.

Welcome to the new faces I've seen pop up, I love that more bloggers are joining in the fun :)

To the participants we already have, if you get a chance, do go by and see each other's HHM posts, luckily we still have a fairly small amount of participants so it's definitely doable to go by and say hello to each other, it's always nice knowing that others are reading our posts too :)

On with today's list...............

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
37 degrees right now but we'll have a high of 67 which is just perfect for me.


Things that make me happy:
Teaching.  Remember I told you that when I was little one of the games I mostly played was "Teacher" lol  Little did I know that one day, many many years later, I would be teaching for real....well maybe not a full class but teaching nonetheless and it makes me just as happy as it did back then :)


Book I'm reading:
Got some review books to get through


What's on my TV today:
Pretty Little Liars on TV tonight
Upstairs Downstairs new version from BBC
Any Human Heart from BBC
Lark Rise to Candleford Season 4 (started last night on BBC, I want to rewatch it, it was great)



On the menu for dinner:
Swiss Mushroom Chicken with Portuguese Roasted Potatoes


On my To Do List:

Homeschooling
Ironing
Change bed linens
Dusting


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Chicken Tortilla Soup


In the craft basket:
African Flower Crochet Blanket
Crochet Edging Pillowcases


Looking forward to this week:
Settling into a good Homeschooling routine.  Taking the kids to the Pioneer Living History Museum on Friday for a good time and turning it into a Field Trip for school too :)


Tips and Tricks:
Stackable plastic pitchers for the fridge.  I have some that I purchased at the BX, I fill one with water and one with iced tea and when my kids need a drink, they get it for themselves.  I also have a basket on the counter with napkins, plastic cups and healthy snacks that the kids can easily reach.  Helps me out a LOT, I don't have to stop every 2 minutes for "mom I'm thirsty can you get me some water".



My favorite blog post this week:
Oh so so so so many.  I finally caught up on my blogging and boy have I been missing some great blogging.  Hues of Winter by Fuoriborgo is one of my favorites from last week. 


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Simply Vintagegirl - Love this blog, just found it last week and can't get enough of it.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
2011_01040002



Lesson learned the past few days:

That being able to watch my children learning and soaking in all the information is one of the most rewarding experiences I've ever had.  To watch their eyes as they get something...really get it.  There is nothing better.


On my mind:
All the fun stuff my kids and I have been learning together.


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Psalm 62:7

No comments: