Monday, December 20, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday - December 20

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Cloudy and a little chilly.  I just wish we had fog again like we did the other morning.


Things that make me happy:
Being done with public school....what a relief.


Book I'm reading:
Cape Refuge by Terri Blackstock


What's on my TV today:
Absolutely nothing


On the menu for dinner:
Chicken a la King with rice
Butterscotch Bites for Dessert


On my To Do List:

Laundry, laundry and more laundry


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Been baking quite a bit for Christmas.  Homemade Caramels, Sweet and Saltines, Peppermint Bark


In the craft basket:
Crochet gifts for the kids
Granny Mandala for my kitchen


Looking forward to this week:
Nothing but rest and relaxation.  School is on Winter Break and we're done with it anyway, we being homeschooling January 3rd.


Tips and Tricks:
I find that homemade gifts are appreciated a lot more than some of the bought ones, so I bake and crochet and sew and use whatever other talents I have to make some for the family and friends.



My favorite blog post this week:
Nanna's Blanket over at Bunny Mummy.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Crochet with Raymond - chock full of crochet goodies and wonderful pictures from England


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
2010_12130011


Lesson learned the past few days:

Oh so many, but the biggest has been that no matter how many times I doubt my ability as a mother, my children always turn around and surprise me and remind me that I HAVE been doing a good job.  I've been miserably sick since Saturday morning so the housework has taken a back seat while I recuperate.  My wonderful children took it upon themselves to take care of me, feed me and even do the housework while I rest.  It's amazing watching them and seeing them repeat and do what I do.    Seeing me through their eyes makes me happy.


On my mind:
Christmas, gotta go out today and get hubby's presents then finish wrapping


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.
Hebrews 12:14

No comments: