Monday, November 29, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday - November 29

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
42 degrees but with this crazy wind it feels even less.  It's pretty cold out there.


Things that make me happy:
Warm cups of hot chocolate with a dollop of whipped cream


Book I'm reading:
Two Tickets to the Christmas Ball by Donita K. Paul (very cute book)


What's on my TV today:
Probably some more Christmas movies, not sure


On the menu for dinner:
Ham, Swiss and Caramelized Onion Pizza


On my To Do List:

Put away laundry
Sweep and Mop


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Homemade Dulce de Leche


In the craft basket:
Finishing up my last pockets for the Advent Calendar


Looking forward to this week:
Heading to Flagstaff this weekend to cut down our own Christmas tree


Tips and Tricks:
Make the whole Christmas decorating, a family affair.  Get the kids involved, put on some Christmas music, bake some cookies and have fun.



My favorite blog post this week:
No blog reading yet


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Diary of a Seamstress



No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
2010_11250012


Lesson learned the past few days:

To not overdo it


On my mind:
Still my children, I'm stressing a lot and I'm at a crossroads, not sure which way to go with their schooling.  We decided to let them finish out this year and then switch to homeschooling but it just seems that every single day there is a new issue in their school and I'm tired and frustrated having to deal with it.  Please pray for some resolve, for some ease of mind or something for me and my family. 


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.

— Psalm 136:1 (NIV)

No comments: