Sunday, October 03, 2010

It's early and it's quiet ......

I love Sunday mornings.

The quiet, the stillness, the laziness all around, there's no rushing to get up, as I walk into the kitchen there are remainders of the previous day, some late night dishes in the sink, some leftover snacks on the counter, a glass here and there.  Usually it drives me insane, but Sundays are my relaxing days, so not even those little things will bother me.

So here I am, early morning, with a cup of hot coffee in hand.....Pumpkin Pecan Pie from Cracker Barrel.  It's delish and it makes me think of Fall, the changing of the leaves, the cooler temps, all the things that I have to envision in my head, all the things that make me truly miss Idaho.

It's been a quiet weekend so far, Curt had to work yesterday so it was just me and the kiddos, they relaxed, watched movies, played together and I dug into my piles of yarn and started some projects.

I can't believe that we are in October already, there is only 27 days left until Halloween and then we blink and Thanksgiving is upon us, then blink again and it's Christmas and the end of yet another year.  Time is flying and I'm not entirely sure that I'm too thrilled with it.

2010_10020032

So with Halloween in mind, I dug into my piles of yarn and whipped up some things, there are plenty more on the hooks but for now, I have a cute little pumpkin and a gravestone.  I didn't have the orange that I wanted for my pumpkin, but I used some colors that to me signify Fall.

2010_10020030

I have some little ghosts, a witch's hat and a skull and all sorts of cute little Halloween decorations being made, I'll share those with you as well as the patterns as I get them done.

2010_10020028

One thing I noticed is that my pumpkin looks like an apple LOL  I'll definitely be changing that pattern a bit to make it more resemble a real pumpkin, I'll probably add a green stem and maybe use some embroidery thread to create a definition around it.  We'll see.

We have some errands to run today and one of those is to Walmart, I'll be picking up some supplies to make some fabric pumpkins as well as some plastic pumpkins for a Pumpkin Topiary which I'm so excited to make.  Just wait until you see it, I'm sure many more of you will be making one or two for your homes.

So here's what my Sunday will consist of:

  • Crafting and Crocheting
  • Sewing
  • Baking pretzels
  • Making chili with corn dumplings
  • Reading a book for review
  • Pulling out my Halloween Decorations
  • Catching up on the first 4 episodes of Merlin Season 3
  • Watching the new episode of Downton Abbey

It may look like a busy day, but it's filled with things I love doing so I don't see them as chores, more as the perfect way to spend my Sunday.

I hope you're having one of these perfect days too, for now, I'm going to browse some blogs, pay some bills and cuddle with this cutey for a bit.  How can you say no to this little face?

2010_10020010

2010_10020011

No comments: