Monday, October 04, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday - October 4

This is going up a little late today, just got back from the hospital with Jasmine. She had her full arm cast removed, they did X-Rays and the doctor is thrilled with the healing, he says the bone is still where it's supposed to be and there's actual new bone growing already. So guess what????

After 3 weeks of a cast, she doesn't need one anymore, she's now on a wrist splint that she has to wear to school, but can take off at home and to shower etc. So glad.

Thank you YOU all for the prayers and the thoughts, I know that you contributed in a big way to this smooth and fast healing. I'm forever indebted.

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
Highest today will be 95 and the rest of the week we're going to be in the lower 80's.  Thank goodness.


Things that make me happy:
Seeing my children smile


Book I'm reading:
Sookie Stackhouse Series by Charlaine Harries


What's on my TV today:
Episode 2 of Downton Abbey
Episodes 1-4 of the new Merlin Season 3
Catching up on my DVR while I crochet and craft...Ghost Adventures, The Haunted, Most Terrifying Places in America


On the menu for dinner:
Chili with Corn Dumplings (didn't get to make it the other day)


On my To Do List:

Finish all the Laundry
Sweep and Mop


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Snickers Cupcakes....you have GOT to try these.
2010_10020026

In the craft basket:
Halloween Stitchery...got some cute ones I'm working on.
Fabric Pumpkins
Halloween Crochet Ghosts


Looking forward to this week:
The weather cooling down


Tips and Tricks:
I always line my bottom rack in the oven with foil.  It keeps spills from hitting the bottom and creating a big smoky dirty mess.  Makes oven clean up so much easier.



My favorite blog post this week:
Weekend Scenery from Farmama.  I LOVE LOVE LOVE this blog.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Homemaking on the Homestead, if you love everything and anything to do with homemaking and homesteading, this is the blog to visit.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2010_10020011

Lesson learned the past few days:

That being a Christian and believing in God, doesn't mean that you will never go through grief, heartache, hard times....it just means that you will but it will be easier and you will learn so much more from those experiences when you have the Lord at your side.


On my mind:
Halloween


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:

This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.
1 John 3:11

No comments: