Monday, October 25, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday - October 25

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
66 degrees outside, I really have been enjoying the cooler temperatures


Things that make me happy:
Reading a good book while the rain is pounding against the windows


Book I'm reading:
O Pioneers by Willa Cather


What's on my TV today:
Episode 5 of Downton Abbey
Merlin Season 3 new episode
Ghost Stories
The Haunted


On the menu for dinner:
Thanksgiving Dinner for a review on the blog that is going up later today or tomorrow morning, there is a giveaway too so stay tuned for that.


On my To Do List:

Finish off the Laundry
Bathrooms
Sweep and Mop Floors


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Crunchy Chicken Tenders....so so good.

In the craft basket:

Granny Stripe Crochet Blanket.


Looking forward to this week:
Just hoping for a stress free good week at school for the kids.


Tips and Tricks:
I buy my parsley fresh at the commissary and then bring it home and hang it up with some twine on one of the cabinets in the kitchen.  It dries up nicely and I'm able to use it in my recipes whenever I need it.



My favorite blog post this week:
There have been so many, I finally got caught up on my blog reading, I just honestly can't think of a specific one right now.


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
One of my very favorite blogs is Eyes of Wonder and I'm sure a lot of you know which one I'm talking about, if you don't you'll have to go check it out, but be prepared to spend a couple of hours catching up.  One of the author's daughters, Rosie has her own blog and I just LOVE it, as much as her mamas.  I spent most of yesterday reading her blog posts.  Go on over to Rosie's Ramblings.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

2010_10230039


Lesson learned the past few days:

To continue trusting in the Lord and that He will get me through the hardest moments of my life....to quit questioning His path for me.


On my mind:
My children


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him."
John 7:38

No comments: